Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer 14 Upgrade and the IPAD 2

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Summer 14 Upgrade and the IPAD 2

Hello All

We upgraded our production instance to Summer 14 SP (14.50000.4) from Winter 14 over the weekend. My issue is the SFM button my technicians use to provision parts no longer works when using an IPad 2. The SFM continuously hangs at processing page layouts and settings. The SFM works well within the IPad application. We are still using the IPAD 2 devices in our fleet. I have recreated the SFM from scratch a couple of times. It seems like this may be a java or some type of flash issue. All IPads are up to date on apple patches and are using the 8.2 IOS.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 Replies
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: Summer 14 Upgrade and the IPAD 2

I received an update from Servicemax technical support on my question.

""As for the SFM not working using a mobile browser and not the approved App, we cannot guarantee the same functionality through a mobile browser versus using the online application as this is not the supported/recommended usage for the product. Should you decide to install the App, create a mobile configuration and find that it is not working correctly we could properly troubleshoot the issue based on the designed functionality of the App and assigned configuration for the User.

Please keep in mind that ServiceMax is built on the Salesforce platform and Salesforce also recommends using the approved Apps for accessing their platform (ie. Saleforce1, Salesforce Mobile for iPhone/Android...etc.) and not the mobile browser, this is based on functionality. The ServiceMax and Salesforce Apps are designed and tested with specific intended functionality.""

Message 2 of 7
0 Likes
Line Chef
Line Chef

This is a very frustrating response that feels like a bait and switch to some extent. Our company was an early adopter to the iPad/Servicemax platform before there was an official App. In fact, the only reason we went with Servicemax was because it could work in Safari, on a reliable, mobile infrastructure (iPad). The ServiceMax App is not a one size fits all answer like the browser is. In fact, visually having two different interfaces (mobile app & browser) for how a user performs work can introduce a level of confusion which effects efficiency in our particular case.

Can someone from ServiceMax at least provide some insight on a  technical level explaining why the latest iOS updates broke the SFM transaction process? Is there a security issue, server side scripting, coding change/bug, etc. that is preventing the SFMs to hang at the "processing page layout section"?

Our ORG is now faced with the following challenge as a result of this most recent change/bug/problem:

1. Replace all of our iPads and purchase Laptops that require a hotspot
  2. Purchase and switch to all Android devices
  3. Factor the cost of the above hardware replacements and Servicemax licensing and look at other service solutions.
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Hello David

I am Anita and I am your Customer Account Manager. I will reach out to you via email to discuss.

Regards

Anita

Message 4 of 7
0 Likes
Line Chef
Line Chef

Hi Anita - I look forward to hearing from you as this is a very pressing case for us right now.

Message 5 of 7
0 Likes

Hi David Stith​ - Were you and Anita Sathyamurthy​ able to connect and come to a good solution for this?  I wanted to circle back and see if this was answered and any thoughts you may want to share on how (if) it was resolved.  I look forward to your reply!

Message 6 of 7
0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Christopher

This issue seems to be fixed in the spring 15 version of the software. Winter 15 seems to be similar , so it could have been fixed in Winter 14.

Lanny

Message 7 of 7
0 Likes