Have you checked out any of the knowledge articles for initial sync failures?
Here are a couple, but not sure details on your exact situation:
There are other initial sync articles available in the knowledge base here.
Hope this helps.
All the settings I'm seeing are global settings. I have 160 other technicians, so I don't want to change any global config settings. I'm more wondering why it works perfect on iphone and not on Android. Permissions should behave the same across devices, yes?
Hi Dan Schiess , I know this may not help in the short term, but, in the long term have you considered using the FSA App. It is not available on iPhone yet but is on the roadmap. Then the apps should be near identical in function as the code base is the same. What you are currently using has a different code base for each app so it is likely that the issue you are seeing is related to a difference between the two.
Also have you tried it on difference Android devices to rule out a device issue? Can you also confirm that the timeout setting was the same for both apps?
It sounds logging a case with support will be your best way forward with this so they can work with engineering to look at the differences in the initial sync code.
Hi Richard, definitely interested in moving towards the FSA App, but unfortunately it's not available for Android Phone either. My Partner Subcontractors have a myriad of devices, which of course exponentially increases the application scenarios. Yeah - I believe a support case is probably the way to go with this one. Thank you sir - hope all is well!
Hi Dan, I follow. I did find mention of it on Android but assume that was a tablet. I am well thanks. I hope you get this sorted out. I too am looking forward to being able to use the FSA App as we use iPhones.
We'll have an FSA app for phone in 2018. It will be released on iPhone and Android at the same time. And it will also include some major changes for sync performance and reliability. Glad to know you guys are looking forward to it.
We ran into what sounds like a similar issue with another client. Turns out there was a defect (Defect#040607) that was resolved with ServiceMax Summer 16 build 16.50000.37, release September 8th. Inquire with ServiceMax Support about upgrading to that latest version for Summer 16. Note, this is for Summer 16, not Summer 16 SP (16.6.x). There should be a different build that addresses that same issue.
Hope this helps!
Director, Customer Support
ISV Partner Channel and Senior Technical Support Specialist