cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync conflicts and disappearing records

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Sync conflicts and disappearing records

We are having issues with some of our users filling in their work details and submitting them along with a service report. The report clearly shows that the details were created as it lists them. Then they sync and the report is delivered to the cloud but work details disappear from both iPad and the cloud.

There is some evidence to suggest that they run into sync conflicts and this is the result of that, but it is obviously hard to reproduce and test. Can anybody guide me to some documentation on how sync handles conflicts, what options users have, and how we can better config it?

Best regards,

Ivar

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Re: Sync conflicts and disappearing records

Hi Ivar Gunnarsson

Thank you for posting here in community.

Upon review of issue description, it seems that the reported issue needs further investigation and hence I would recommend you to log a Support case through Self-service portal with all the details like exact click path level steps to simulate the issue, login credentials of the issue reported iPad user, access to login as the Admin user, iPad App version that is being used, Installed ServiceMax Package version on the server, iPad Type (iPad Air, iPad 2, 3 etc), Connectivity type etc. Once the case is logged one of our Support Engineer will work with you to find the root cause and resolution of the issue.

Regards,

Younus Shariff

crt_younus​ crt_younuss​

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

We ourselves have been experiencing this issue and have raised calls with support.  However replication has never been possible by support so we currently still have no answer to why this occurs when the signal strengths is good on the Ipad at the time when sync is occurring.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Ivar

Is it an option to change your business process a little to add the work details and then do a data sync. The Service Report could then be done as the next step and then sync again. If the issue still occurs then the work details would be created on the server and you have a problem other than sync that is causing them to disappear. It would also be clear to the rep immediately if the work details aren't synced as they wouldn't be on the report.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Thanks for the idea Richard. I won't work for us however as our technicians sometimes work in complete offline conditions where a whole job is done from start to finish ( including getting a customer's signature on a jobsheet) before they have an opportunity to connect to the internet again.

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Not 100% certain but ... we encountered this problem and it seems to have been acknowledged as a bug and fixed.

Emmanuel Bernier​ can you confirm ?

0 Likes
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

The problem we encountered was a sync problem where the lines were not synched on the ipad.

However a technician submitted a bug that seems to be the same.

We have an SFM that convert estimates line into usage and consumption lines. The Work Order status shows that she pressed it, however we cannot find a trace of the associated work detail in the system.

0 Likes