Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync error: Your query request was running for too long

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Sync error: Your query request was running for too long

Hi,

How can I troubleshoot this error, it is killing me?

I am getting it sporadically when initialising a new log in to our poduction org. It does not do it all the time and does not do it afor all users but it is very annoying when it does happen, frustrates the users and makes them lose trust in the app and go back online to do their work.

I am getting the problem myself today (as a test tech user) at step 4 whereas, I had no problems yesterday. The test user only has a handful of work orders and events to download. I think it is a time out on the Salesforce side but how can I see what is causing it?  What tools can I use to troubleshoot?

Also, why does the Sync Status continue to show as InProgress (in a Initial Sync report on the user) for the failed syncs?

Help.

Mark

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Sync error: Your query request was running for too long

Hi Mark,

We're having the same issue; did you get a solution for this or a possible cause?

Regards,

Mark

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Mark,

Didn't get a reply on a fix but was able to troubleshoot it using the sync suppprt site. Logged in as my test user and was able to see a failure on the query for one of the related objects because user did not have permissions on it.  Assigned permissions and no failures since.  

Mark

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Thanks Mark, I'll do some more digging at our end against permission sets the strange thing is it's only happened these last couple of days!

Regards,

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hi Mark,

You mentioned of a sync support site, can you elaborate as I'm not aware other than going through customer portal to log a ticket.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

HI Kevin,  it's the site at  https://msupport.servicemax.com/msupport/loginTarget   where you can run the configuration and data queries as the user.  It will show you if there are any errors with either.  I have a test user that I configure the same as end users having problems to log in as.  Unfortunately we cannot proxy log in as a user so I have had to get a user's SF credentials and log in as them a few times to find problems.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Not sure if this can help you/applies to your setup, but we use the iPhone Classic ServiceMax App and all our Technicians have the settings (iPhone settings, ServiceMax section) "Select Request Timeout (in mins)" from 3 to 10

0 Likes
Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Yes, good catch. We do that as well as enable the Session Auto Refresh setting.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Gents, thanks so much for the tips.  Never knew about the online tool, really handy and informative.

We started experiencing significant UI lag w/ Summer 16 classic on iPhone 6, shortly after iOS 11 was released.  It literally takes 5 min to just open a WO event even in airplane (offline) mode.  The same tech credential on iPhone 6 vs. 7 is night and day.  All initial sync on 6 remained in progress resulting in timeout/connection error but yet works flawlessly on 7.  Also tried the above settings but no avail. 

Anyways, thanks so much for the collaboration.  Often feel like a lone ranger dealing w/ iPhone app issue in an organization that solely relies on iPhone.  In the process of upgrading to Winter 18 so hopefully it'll be more stable. 

0 Likes