Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync icon no longer visible in Spring 15 iPad App

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Sync icon no longer visible in Spring 15 iPad App

Sync icon no longer visible – I think that this will cause a lot of issues with the technicians doubling up on things as they can no longer see that the Sync is in progress and due to the lag techs will think that what they have done has just not worked and they will do it again.  Is there a way we can allow the tech to know whatever they done has been synched?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Re: Sync icon no longer visible in Spring 15 iPad App

From online help section Comparison between Summer '14 and Spring '15 Apps (Mobile Apps in ServiceMax > ServiceMax for iPad):

Network status indicator is used to indicate sync progress now, and sync result is displayed in Status and Manual Sync screen.

Technician can continue to work when the sync is in progress, without waiting for the sync to complete.

Any sync conflict is indicated by a badge on the hamburger and Tools item in navigation bar. The badge shows the number of sync conflicts.

This alerts the technician to the sync conflicts as soon as they occur. So, the technician can resolve the conflicts immediately. This ensures successful data sync on subsequent saving of local data and at scheduled intervals.

Additionally, if the technician is working on a record which has a sync conflict, conflict indicator is displayed at the top of the record edit screen.

Online help section Sync Conflict count as badges illustrates these.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Sync icon no longer visible in Spring 15 iPad App

crt_desiraes​

Hi Jeff!

I was wondering if you have any additional questions based on Meenakshi S​ 's explanation?  If so, please let us know.  If your question has been answered, I would like to encourage you to mark your question as answered.

0 Likes