Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync time MFL client

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Sync time MFL client

Hello,

I upgraded my sandbox to Summer17 recently (17.20000.17) and have the MFL version 17.20.001 installed on my laptop. The data sync takes now way longer than with Spring16.

I believe this is because it does not only sync the data that have been changed but all data instead. We have two huge price books that we need on the MFL to generate the Service Report - but it is not necessary to download them with every data sync.

As I mentioned before, it worked perfectly fine with Spring16 and I already compared the settings SET09, SET11 and SET22 with my other sandbox. They are the same ... so I believe something else has changed.

Has anybody an idea?

Thanks a lot!

Pia

Message 1 of 4
3 Replies
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Sync time MFL client

Hi Pia Christ​, there are a few tools out there you can try yourself to confirm the behavior you are seeing is caused by what you think it is.

Connecting your device to a computer log capture
How to Capture the iPad Logs for Troubleshooting (Xcode)

Capturing logs within the app itself

The settings to do this are covered on this ServiceMax Help page about app configuration

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Summer17/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#iPadApp/ConfiguringtheApp....

How to then make use of those logs -

How to Transfer Application Logs Captured and Stored by ServiceMax iPad App to Online

Capturing logs on the server for device sync interactions

Capturing and Extracting Mobile Synchronization Logs

Or you can try ServiceMax's new Sync logging feature

Introducing Sync Performance Reports

If all of the above fails, or even somethign you can do in parallel then log a case with ServiceMax Support for assistance.

Let us know how you get on with this and if you manage to root cause and resolve your issue.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 2 of 4
0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your comment.

It seems that the help links are related to iPads - we're using the Mobile Client for laptops.

Support is already informed and I was able to demonstrate the behavior of MFL on my machine.

Unfortunately they have no solution yet.

I'll post here as soon as they came back to me.

Thanks,

Pia

Message 3 of 4
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Pia, apologies I haven't used the Mobile for Laptop solution outside of training so didn't make the connection that they wouldn't help. I hope the support team can resolve your problem for you and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 4 of 4
0 Likes