cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many Objects available on Lists tab on Mobile.

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Too many Objects available on Lists tab on Mobile.

Jump to solution

In mobile, I have too many Objects showing in the Lists tab for all of my users. I edited the objects by profile in SFM Search, but all of the options continue to show on mobile. It's also showing of the objects twice (Accounts, Contacts, Locations, etc). How can I limit was shows on this tab for my users?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Too many Objects available on Lists tab on Mobile.

Jump to solution

Hello Micah Perry​,

Thanks for your query. There are 2 things you need to be aware of to understand the behavior of search listings in the App.

1. All the searches which are not assigned to any of the profile will be visible to all users in the App.

2. If a list of the searches is assigned to a particular profile then only those searches will be visible in the lists section of app to the user of that profile.

The reason for you seeing many searches in the list could be some of these searches not being assigned to any profile and hence being available to all users in addition to what is already assigned to their group profile.

Please review your SFM search permission for various searches from the ServiceMax setup. ServiceMax Setup > Service Flow Manager > SFM Search > GO and selecting Manage permissions button from the search listing page. Also, if possible please share the snapshot of the page for us to review the same.

Regards,

Vikas

View solution in original post

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Lists 1.PNG List 2.PNG List 3.PNG

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Micah Perry​,

Thanks for your query. There are 2 things you need to be aware of to understand the behavior of search listings in the App.

1. All the searches which are not assigned to any of the profile will be visible to all users in the App.

2. If a list of the searches is assigned to a particular profile then only those searches will be visible in the lists section of app to the user of that profile.

The reason for you seeing many searches in the list could be some of these searches not being assigned to any profile and hence being available to all users in addition to what is already assigned to their group profile.

Please review your SFM search permission for various searches from the ServiceMax setup. ServiceMax Setup > Service Flow Manager > SFM Search > GO and selecting Manage permissions button from the search listing page. Also, if possible please share the snapshot of the page for us to review the same.

Regards,

Vikas

View solution in original post

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks Vikas, no need for the snapshot, I created a profile to store all of the unused searches until we can review if we still need them. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Micah

I'm not sure if you have done it yet, but just to add our experience to Vikas's advice, we set up a dummy profile, and assigned all of the unused searches, SFM, wizard bars, etc. to that profile, in that way the actual profiles you want to use, will only show what they need to see.

Thanks

Russ

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip Russell, this is what I ended up doing.

0 Likes