cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Actions are visible on iPad now

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Unwanted Actions are visible on iPad now

Anyone else caught out by the Summer 15 release that exposes SFM Actions on the iPad menus?

I have SFM actions, in wizards, that I want the users to see on-line but do not want the same users to see them offline. It is cluttering up the menus on the iPad and will confuse the users because they will not do anything offline. This worked fine on my Spring15 version but Summer 15 now exposes them to the iPad regardless.

I am more annoyed about the cryptic and obscure reference to this 'feature' in the release notes - "SFM Custom Actions of types SOAP web service and URL."

It has really messed up my iPad app!

Fortunately it is in a Sandbox but I am thinking I will have to downgrade and stay on the earlier version.

Anyone else seen this and got any workarounds?

Servicemax - Come on, make the setting configurable on the wizard set up for each SFM now (Online only, Offline only or Both), not all of us want this. Also, make the release notes clearer when doing this type of change.  Better still, talk to us first!

Jonathan SkeldingDeirdre YeeProduct Hub

Message 1 of 7
6 Replies
Line Chef
Line Chef

Re: Unwanted Actions are visible on iPad now

We have voiced the same concern and request to ServiceMax to allow a way to flag if an SFM is available offline or not.

No response from ServiceMax regarding this at this time.

We also requested that if they don't give a way to control visibility, then if the user invokes that button without connectivity gracefully inform the users that it's not available while offline.

We've seen these type of actions from ServiceMax before so we can only hope they think through these changes from an end customer perspective.

Message 2 of 7
Employee
Employee

SFM Wizards are assigned to configuration profiles and are available to all users in that profile regardless of how they are accessing the object from the browser or the mobile app. This has been the case as far back as I can remember (Spring 14).

If a Wizard is not assigned to any configuration profiles, it is available to all profiles. I would recommend checking your permissions to ensure the configuration profiles that should have access to that wizard have been explicitly assigned.

Message 3 of 7
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

The profiles and profile groups are assigned correctly but the problem is with the Summer15 change that makes soap and URL action SFMs available on the iPad.  I don't want some of the action SFMs I have online to be available offline because they are specific to the online usage. 

Increasingly, I need to be able to selectively make the wizard and SFM online or offline capable because I have functionality that is specific to one or both modes of use. 

Message 4 of 7
0 Likes
Product Team
Product Team

The change in behavior to SFW Wizards is a side effect of adding support for Custom URLs and Web Services (WS) in the ServiceMax Summer 15 release. SFM transactions of this type were not shown on Spring 15 iPad because they weren't supported. As a result, some customers concluded that behavior was by design and configured their wizards with that assumption. The Summer 15 iPad app added support for Custom URLs and WS so those actions are now appearing. We are considering a configuration to control the visibility of any action on Mobile only, browser only or all but that feature is currently not targeted for a release yet.

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Pei Wong​ - It would be great to have a ServiceMax Variable which would tell you the platform it was running on. We could use the filter criteria to handle them.

Message 6 of 7
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Doug Van KirkDana Levitt​ This is the thread on what we were discussing yesterday.  There is also an idea in the product hub for it

Message 7 of 7