FSA tablet apps have a unified experience on all platforms today. This design pattern does not leverage productivity features of Keyboard, mouse, trackpads that Windows laptop has to offer. Since we have a large portion of Windows users on laptops. While we will continue the Touch capability, we believe that enhancing productivity in the Windows app is critical.
Below is the list of improvements we have thought about and have heard from you too. Feel free to comment and add more!
We plan to share design patterns for your feedback once we have all the requirements in!
|Allow seeing more information|
1. Persistent sidebar for navigation. Show more data on right pane in context of user choice in left pane.
2. Grid/Table view for Explore, child lines, Lookup dialogs. Show more at-least 10 columns
3. Allow Expand / collapse of section so that user can see more rows in SFM
4. Remember / persist user selection
5. Remove the need to have fields on SFM for specific functionality to work.
|Allow quick editing||Allowing inline editing and deleting in SFM child grid/table view.`|
|UI Consistency / Polish|
1. "Cancel" button consistent across all popups
2. Adjust color contrast of field header and field text
3. Adjust color contrast of readonly fields
4. Scrollbar adjustments - show thicker when using mouse vs touch.
5. Reduced white spaces.`
1. Inline field validation for email, URL, mandatory etc fields.
2. Inline validation for Data Validation Rules
3. Intuitive "Confirmation" message on Data validation rules `
Sign-out option in Windows (as opposed to closing the app)
I would like to have capability WO Actions to be launched from Calendar Event which would help Technician to launch Update WO from Event window instead of launching View WO SFM from Event and then edit SFM from Actions. This would fall under lesser clicks.
Thanks for the feedback Sandeep Reddy Musku. From what you showed, It seems like giving the ability to launch a couple of actions from calendar (again configurable) may help here. Will consider this during design phase.
Also, the other feedback about maintaining alignment of fields on the page layout irrespective of the field data type is a fair point. Thanks for bringing that up.
Hello Archana, we are deploying Touch Screen Laptops in our org across the globe for all FSRs. The new changes that you are bringing-in should consider to using FSA with Touch screen, Mouse and Touch pad seamlessly.
Archana Krishnan We should hide disabled/inactive SFM Actions so that only Active actions should be visible to user. Our WO Actions menu has more than 12 actions but not all of them will be active all the time. We would like to hide inactive SFM actions in FSA also as it is done in Lightning online.
Sandeep Reddy Musku- Thanks for the feedback.
If you are talking about SFM Wizards, they already are hidden when it is marked Inactive or does not meet the defined criteria. However, if a Wizard step doesn't meet the criteria it is shown "disabled". I think you are referring to the latter, right? We are thinking of having this configurable to either "hide" or "show as disabled" when a step criteria is not met - both on web and apps. We don't have a release planned for this yet.