cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Of Dispatch Console Via iPad FSA - Any Solution?

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Use Of Dispatch Console Via iPad FSA - Any Solution?

We have a set up, where our lead technicians are assigning Work Orders for their team while out in the field. Currently they do this via the dispatch console on a laptop and via Chrome browser. We are deploying iPads to all our technicians and this includes our leads also using the FSA app.

Is there a way to use the dispatch console through the FSA iPad app? We know the restrictions of the IOS / Flash etc, but what about using a browser within the iPad or an alternate way to assign a technician a WO following its creation without the use of the DC.

Is anyone using the SFDC lightning app on the iPad? We currently create a case for each WO, and then a WO is created from that case to be signed in SVMX.

Any suggestions to prevent our leads having to carry both the iPad and their laptop would be greatly appreciated.

What are the intentions of the DC 2.0? Will this run on the iPad?

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Re: Use Of Dispatch Console Via iPad FSA - Any Solution?

Ok So I may have found a solution - maybe. I have loaded an app called Puffin Web Browser by Cloudmosa Inc, its a different browser for the iPad but allows flash to work. My initial tests displays the DC and allow me to re assign WO's etc. We are to carry out a fully functional test later, so this maybe the work around to allow the DC to work on the iPad. I will update further after we have completed our tests. In meantime here's the link to the app store:

‎Puffin Web Browser on the App Store

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Commenting so I can see your results. I'd like to try this as well!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi @gabriele_bodda , does Service Board support this use case?

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

Hi @richard_lewis, as of release 19.1 Service Board is probably not ready for a mobile user.

In practice, we know that it renders on iPad (being coded in HTML5) but the drag&drop of jobs to the Gantt does not work. It may be possible to edit jobs and assign a resource that way, but we haven't tested it. In general, mobile scenarios are not part of our test cases for Service Board yet.

We definitely want to deliver a "mobile dispatcher" experience eventually. This will probably require a new design, and hence it's material for (tentatively) late 2019 / early 2020. 

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Thanks @gabriele_bodda , please keep #PitneyBowes in the loop on developments around this.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Highlighted
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

User Reply Use Of Dispatch Console Via iPad FSA - Any Solution? lisa_mercer

@gabriele_bodda Would you mind sharing any available updates?

---
If you want to get my attention quickly, please be sure to @ me!  @lisa_mercer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

User Reply Use Of Dispatch Console Via iPad FSA - Any Solution? gabriele_bodda

A quick update on the ability to do scheduling on mobile.

Now that DC HTML5 is GA, we plan to test how it behaves as a read-only tool on mobile. At the moment we don't have a clear timeline to share, and I cannot guarantee that we will indeed eventually support this scenario (it depends on the test results).

I know this does not fully address the need to schedule from mobile, but it would at least provide visibility that can be leveraged to assign the WO manually (i.e. by editing the WO fields).

@lisa_mercer