Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winter 15 iPad Redesign

Highlighted
Product Team
Product Team

Winter 15 iPad Redesign

Love it?  Hate it? What could be better?

Our Winter 15 iPad app is a significant redesign and incorporates a number of usability enhancements. It's available on the iTunes store now at

ServiceMax Winter 15 for iPad on the App Store on iTunes‌ 

We'd love to know what you think. Please add your comments.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Winter 15 iPad Redesign

I haven't had a chance to work with it directly but from everything that I've seen it is definitely a huge upgrade. One of the things that kept getting brought up in our implementation was how clunky and ugly the iPad app was. There was very little logical flow between the screens that you had to interact with to complete work orders, etc. I'm preparing to show our org the videos and documentation and will hopefully make the jump to Winter '15 in the next month or two. Very nice!

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

I have started to go through it, and am redesigning and simplifying our SFM's to suit.

When we went live with the Spring 14, the users used the phrase clunky too (Joshua Phillips), so we felt we needed to try and help them with explanatory labels, and lots of different views for the data, also we gave them a number of fields which subsequently they really didn't need.

Now those users are used to how the system works, we can now simplify the labels, try only have a single view available for any record, and remove the unwanted fields.

In doing this process, i have to say Winter 15 is suddenly a lot better looking, and more logical,  compared to when I first looked at our existing SFM's using it, in fact its a thumbs up from me now. There is an awful lot of work involved, but we will use this update as a chance to retrain all of our users, there are some bad habits creeping in.

Community Manager
Community Manager

To continue on this topic, Doug is sharing the community's first Product Design Time: iPad Application 2015​ exclusive event with experts on the ServiceMax product team: March 10th 2015 at 12:00 p.m. EST

Doug will discuss the rationale behind the redesign, highlight some features of the new design and present a roadmap of other upcoming design-driven product changes at ServiceMax. This is also your chance to tell us what we got right and what we got wrong as well as give us feedback that we can incorporate into future releases.

Customers can click here to register: Product Design Time: iPad Application 2015

Thanks,

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!