Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Order Change on iPad Calendar

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Work Order Change on iPad Calendar

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone knows if this is possible... I'm sure it is, but cannot locate a field which updates when this occurs.

We need to explore how to get an email notification when the engineer moves a WO on the iPad calendar. When our office schedule a WO to an engineer, the place it on the calendar at a particular date/time.

As you probably know the engineer can move the WO on the iPad calendar which moves it on the Dispatch Console; but how can we configure a notification for this? Our engineers are asked not to move WO's but do, and we need to find a way to trigger a notification if the engineer does move it from its original planned date/time?

Look forward to any ones idea's or suggestions?

Regards,

Mark

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Work Order Change on iPad Calendar

Just a quick stab at this as I have not tried it..

maybe a WF Rule with formula like:

AND(ISCHANGED(SVMXC__Scheduled_Date_Time__c), SVMXC__Group_Member__r.SVMXC__Salesforce_User__r.Id =  LastModifiedBy.Id )

If the Work Order Scheduled date/time  is changed and the Technician Salesforce User ID equals the Last Modified User ID,  then trigger an email alert (also might want to add a completed task to indicate that this was triggered)

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Casey, thank you for the reply.

The trouble here is that when an engineer moves the WO on the iPad calendar this field doesn't change, so the ISCHANGED formula doesn't work, as the date doesn't actually change? How do we get the WO when changed by the engineer to update this field? Would you know how to trigger this?

Regards,

Mark

0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Mark,

Yes, I see what your talking about now. It only changes the event date/time and not the scheduled date/time on the WO.  I will have to play around with more in my spare time.

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Mark, we have a 'scheduled start' and a 'scheduled end' field. These are updated when the engineer moves work on the calendar. You could also consider a code update when an event is modified (that is what is showing on the calendar) to update two fields on the work order for scheduled start and scheduled end. This may be what we have if you dont have those fields.

Regards, Richard

0 Likes

Mark,

If the engineers are not supposed to move the dates, you could probably try to add a validation rule on Events (instead of Work Order) to throw an error message stating that they cannot change the dates if the event is related to a Work Order and if the profile is "Technician Profile".