Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Order Owner change is not updating to the iPad Work Order

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Work Order Owner change is not updating to the iPad Work Order

Jump to solution

This is for the Summer '14 release.

1. If I change the Work Order Owner, the change is not updated on the iPad.
  2. Data Purge is not clearing the Work Order off of the iPad.
  3. Steps used for iPad data cube =
    1. on WO formula Field:  Download to iPad, the formula is:  IF($User.Id = OwnerId && (ISPICKVAL(SVMXC__Order_Status__c ,"Open" )) &&  (NOT(ISPICKVAL(Order_Sub_status__c , "Review" )))

,1,0)

2. This formula works but I cant get the WO off the iPad unless I do an APP Reset. The Download to iPad field is set to 0 on the server.
  4. Below is a screen shot of the iPad sync settings specific to the WO.

iPad data cube for WO status Owner.JPG

This is currently in our Sandbox and we'll be upgrading to Summer '14 in production tomorrow night. I tested this about a month ago and it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Re: Work Order Owner change is not updating to the iPad Work Order

Jump to solution

Any record downloaded to iPad because of a match with Download Criteria does not get purged immediately after the record ceases to match the criteria. In the Synchronization Settings tab of Mobile Configuration screen, there is option Purge non-event window based data that is older than. This determines how long the old (currently non-matching) records will be retained before Data Purge action removes them. Its default value is 10 days. Minimum value is 1 day (if you set it to 0, it will be taken as 1).

If you find that iPad app does not work as described above, you can log a case with ServiceMax Support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Hi John

We raised a case with Servicemax regarding this, as we expected any changes made to a WO on the server side to be reflected down to the iPad following a sync, but apparently this does not happen by design. This is what product support said:

During iPad app synchronization, a check is made to identify if a record is changed in server or client via the record's last modified date time value. A change in either iPad or online will flag the record for update/conflict, and based on the settings mobile will take precedence should there be a conflict.

If needed, I can log an enhancement request to suggest that 'flagging'/conflict behavior be modified for 'mobile takes precedence' to allow for server-side changes to be applied to the iPad record when the iPad record is not flagged for update. Otherwise, conflict settings must be modified (so online takes precedence or for the user to choose during a conflict), or a reset application will be needed.

We have tried setting the conflict management to browser taking precedence but it doesn't make any difference.

I must case this case up with support.

Thanks

Russ

Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Russell.

Thanks for the response. I contacted Tech Support but did no hear back yet.

Are you using the data purge button on the Sync screen? This is my biggest concern, that the purge isn't working properly.

Thanks

John W

0 Likes
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

Any record downloaded to iPad because of a match with Download Criteria does not get purged immediately after the record ceases to match the criteria. In the Synchronization Settings tab of Mobile Configuration screen, there is option Purge non-event window based data that is older than. This determines how long the old (currently non-matching) records will be retained before Data Purge action removes them. Its default value is 10 days. Minimum value is 1 day (if you set it to 0, it will be taken as 1).

If you find that iPad app does not work as described above, you can log a case with ServiceMax Support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Meenakshi,

Thanks, I will try this and update this post.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Meenakshi,

I changed the setting and performed a config sync on my iPad. This did not work. I hope I don't have to wait a day to test this again.

Thanks

John W

0 Likes
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

If the last modified date time of the work order you expect to be deleted by Data Purge is within the last 24 hours, then yes, you need to wait for a day to test this again.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi John Welisevich​ - I just wanted to circle back to see if you found resolution for this matter based on the feedback provided, or if you found a different method.  Please let us know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Christopher,

Sometimes the Data Purge works and sometimes it doesn't. The user then has to do an App reset to clear up the transferred WO.

0 Likes