cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad for Salesforce Partner Community users

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

iPad for Salesforce Partner Community users

How do I configure Salesforce user profiles and permission sets to let Partner Community users log in to the ServiceMax iPad ?

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: iPad for Salesforce Partner Community users

Hi Rupert Barrow

Here are the steps:

• Activate and create your Partner Community. You will generate your Partner Community URL at this step and you will need it later to login (URL example: https://dev-altius.cs87.force.com)
  • Create an Account and Activate as a Partner Account (Manage External Account >> Enable As partner)
  • Create a Contact from above Account and Activate it as a Partner (Manage External User >> Enable Partner User)
  • User License: Partner Community (this is by default, not possible to change the License type)
  • Select a "Partner Community User" profile >> You might need to clone "Partner Community User" profile and customize it for your needs.
  • Add the permissions sets in order to include all required permissions for mobile apps ("ServiceMax Standard Platform" and "Product & Pricebook" if you are using OEM licenses or add "ServiceMax Standard" for Non OEM licenses)
  • Create a ServiceMax configuration profile by cloning the default one
  • Associate Salesforce profile "Partner Community User" or your custom profile to a ServiceMax configuration profile
  • Now you are ready to login to any Mobile App
  • For iPad/iPhone: Go to iPad settings >> ServiceMax App >> CONNECTION >> Login Host: Custom Host >> : <HERE PUT THE COMMUNITY URL> >> Login to iPad and provide login/password

Any questions please let me know.

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Mourad,

Thanks for this which will help users in the community : I found the same specs, some of them from the Salesforce community/knowledge base.

We had the following problem which is a caveat to look out for :

The Community URL used in the custom domain window can be of the type you mention https://dev-altius.cs87.force.com or with a first-level such as https://dev-altius.cs87.force.com/partners

It is important NOT to add a trailing '/' to this URL : if you do, the OAuth authentication to Salesforce from the ServiceMax iPad app will not work.

Conclusion : REMOVE trailing '/' in custom domain URLs in the Salesforce login window of the ServiceMax iPad app.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Mourad LOUNAS​,

Thanks for these instructions!  I'm not sure I would have figured it out without them!

I currently have two issues, that I wondered if you might be able to suggest which bits I have omitted to do:

1. The WO on iPad app, when completed, does not upload any attachments or output docs back to the org.
  2. The Android app does not complete the initial sync (but the iPad one does, but with the above issue).

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,

Aidan

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

HI Aidan Kirkpatrick

iPad issue: The potential root cause is that the technician looses Write access on the Work Order once it is completed. Is there any ownership transfer when WO is completed ? Are you able to generate the output document on iPad ? Is the OD visible in Attachments section ? If you have a mac laptop, you can capture the logs using xCode. Please share more details so We can support you.

Android issue: Please share the error message which is thrown by Android app. I suggest you create a ServiceMax support case to investigate this issue.

Any more questions please let me know.

0 Likes