cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability for Engineers to turn on/off aggressive sync in FSA

Ability for Engineers to turn on/off aggressive sync in FSA

Engineers can work in different environments with different access to mobile coverage - being able to toggle the means of sync depending on the individual requirements at the time would lead to improved workflow for engineers and less errors and problems. So the idea is around allowing the engineer to control aggressive sync from their FSA device so that when they have good signal they may want to have aggressive sync turned on but when their signal is poor they could toggle it off and continue to work offline and manually sync when required.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Workflow issues for engineers when they have poor mobile signal
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
We are working with aggressive sync turned off for all technicians which does not suit all engineers and causes some restrictions
Product Area?
Communities Mobile Field Service Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 18
2 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

Do we want to disable aggressive sync specifically or just enable technician to "pause" sync manually? It seems that latter would make more sense as technician probably does not know the difference between "aggressive sync", "smart sync" or "full sync".

Grill Chef warrenhalbie
Grill Chef

Hi Joseph

So agree terminology could be difficult for engineers but essentially the idea is around the engineer being able to do the following – as you might remember we have ‘aggressive sync’ turned off currently in our org.

· If I have good signal I want to turn on ‘automatic sync’ so sync’s after every save.

· If I have poor signal I want to work offline and only sync manually

Or of course vice versa if somebody else’s org has aggressive sync turned on.

Hope this makes sense…

Kind Regards

Warren Halberstadt

Business Process Expert

Capability Design Service Execution

CS Capability & Development Team

Philips Health Systems

Registered Office: Philips Centre, Unit 3, Guildford Business Park, Surrey, GU2 8XG

Registered in England No 446897

Mob: +44 (0)78 2438 4446

E-mail: warren.halberstadt@philips.com<mailto:warren.halberstadt@philips.com>

www.philips.co.uk<http://www.philips.co.uk/>