Ability to Reschedule Events - FSA App

Ability to Reschedule Events - FSA App

I would like to move our 200+ users over to the FSA app as soon as possible. During my testing, I have found some limitations that stopped me from pursuing this any further. The main being that it was not possible for the end user to reschedule an event associated with a work order when viewing their calendar in the week view.

I will also add quickly that I am aware that you can hold the event down in the week view and then set the date and time from the pop up window, but this to me is a step backwards in regards to user experience, where previously they could quickly hold down an event and drop it into an allotted slot on the calendar from the week view.

I would like to see this functionality added to the FSA app, we have over the past three years have given our end users the ability to reschedule work from the week view, having to select the event, define the times and save seems like additional work for the end user that is not required when working the Classic App.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
The ability to quickly reschedule appointments from the Week View within the FSA app.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Using the Servicemax Classic App for iPad
Product Area?
Communities Mobile Field Service Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 18
11 Comments
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

I just tested and confirmed the same behavior in FSA 3.4.0. In order to reschedule from the Calendar, the user must click the event and manually adjust both the Start and End times to reschedule the event. This does add an extra minute rather than just dragging and dropping the event. This could be beneficial though if the drag-and-drop feature is too 'touchy'. I like the 'hold down' click to engage this feature.

fsa​ reschedule​ #calendar​ bio-rad​

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

I agree with you Michael Majerus on the benefit of holding the event to engage it, I just don't like the functionality around having to manually add the start and end times. This could lead to errors if the dispatch team has assigned a specific amount of time to a work order and this is then changed by the technician.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

I agree with Brenden Burkinshaw​, with our business model, we don't want field engineers changing the scheduled times of WO's at all.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

I could see this leading to issues where the wrong date and times are entered and the event disappears off the tablet due to it falling outside the synchronization settings.

Product Team
Product Team

@gord_breese @russjaco  - On FSA, we have planned to stop technicians changing the event time in calendar if they dont have the permission to do so. Permissions : Incase of Salesforce Events, it will be "Edit Event" , for ServiceMax Events it will be the "Edit" permission on the object - both of which can be set on the Salesforce user profile

However, this doesnt change the UX in any way. Does this info help? 

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

@archana_krishna @joseph_june is there any scope to have the functionality that exists already in the Classic app when rescheduling an event in the week view in FSA.

@jamie_mckechnie @mohamad_hafda FYI

Product Team
Product Team

@brendenburkinsh Let me evaluate this, just from the angle of fulfilling this on all platforms, including Windows laptops 

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

@archana_krishna any update on this request?

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Product Team Review

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: On The Roadmap

This is planned for 19.3 / FSA 3.7.0