Ability to request an iPad Report Card

Ability to request an iPad Report Card

Now with the evolution of Dynamic downloads and dynamic ways to download data to the iPad or similar clients, it is increasingly difficult to show what is actually downloaded to a specific user.  Reports and Dashboards were used but are not quite able to keep up with the Dynamic rules allowed now.

It would be wonderful if an admin could submit an iPad Report Card Request for a specific User and it queue the next sync to create a record to show the Object list and # of records.  Any other add-ons would be a plus.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
-
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
-
Product Area?
Other
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
12 Comments
Employee
Employee

I second this idea Ted. I sent this (below) out internally to product a couple of weeks ago.

"

Data Foot Print

Once the download criteria is set, could we have button which calculates the data foot print by configuration profiles. For eg. if I complete the download criteria for a tech in the US. I go to his profile, and click on this button. What it would tell the user is the data foot print based on that profile.

• Product: 2400
  • Pricebook: 2
  • Pricebook Entries: 2 * 2400 = 5800
  • Events: 50
  • Work Order: 50
  • Work Detail: 110
  • Part Order: 20
  • SFM Process: 200
The numbers would give a quick overview of the setup. It would help immensely from a functional stand point. If work order is a private object and I have setup the correct permissions and download criteria, I am expecting 50 work orders. "

Employee
Employee

Thanks Adnan!  You raise a great point that this will help in design considerations as well as troubleshooting.  It would be amazing if this came via email or Job log record with an SQLite file for both SFM and Data tables.  That would cover both a quantitative and qualitative aspect of the request.  

Employee
Employee

Here is a screen shot from what SFDC does to help understand the number of records and size of the data.  It would be great to get this level of detail and be able to pick a specific user.

Data Sets  Sample for SVMX test   salesforce.com   Unlimited Edition.pdf.png

Employee
Employee

Thanks Michael Maples‌  Where is this report card in SFDC?  My understanding is that Salesforce is discontinuing their offline "briefcase" data model and replacing it with "recently accessed records" in Salesforce 1.  I can't imagine how this could work for the latter offline record access scenario, but I am curios to investigate.

Thanks,
Colby

Employee
Employee

Setup/Mobile Administration/Salesforce Classic/Configurations

You can pick a config and then when you edit the DataSet section it allows

you to pick a user to test with.

This setup and ability to test is from awhile back. I HAD to use this in

the days of the 1mg BlackBerry because if you tried to send too much data

you would "Brick" the phone.

This type of report would be great for use with our Mobile and iPad to test

the size of data. It also gives a visual diagram to the client to help

them understand

Michael Maples

Technical Architect

Get the latest field service knowledge and ServiceMax company news

» Visit the ServiceMax blog <http://blog.servicemax.com/>

Email: Michael.Maples@servicemax.com

Mobile: 404.786.8488

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

I agree. This would be very helpful to understand what the data set is and the data size.

This is available in Summer 16 release.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

can you post a picture and/or the name of the report?

Retired
Retired

Hi All,

We've just released the mobile support tool that addresses this request.  You can login here: https://msupport.servicemax.com/msupport/loginTarget  and use the technicians login and credentials to analyze what objects, # of records, time for each query and the SOQL query for each download and advanced download configuration.  Please check it out and let us know what you think. Thanks

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Chris, this is great and exactly what I was looking for to analyse my data sets and sync speeds! Could I suggest the following improvements?

1. Sum up the sync times for each query to provide a total sync time. This would be useful when trying to optimize the data set and making changes

2. Give the ability to drill into each query to see the results. e.g. if 204 work orders are included, allow me to click the number 204 and see a report of all records.