cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add capability to resize search result columns

When using ServiceMax Field Service App search results are displayed in a popup window showing several columns of information but with no capability to resize columns. This is problematic because it means information needed to make a decision on which search result to select is hidden.

An example screenshot of such a search result is given below. In it you see that the Productname displays just enough characters to show the Product Code but many Engineers/users may be unfamiliar with the codes and would use the description to distinguish between the results but they are no longer able to see the important text.

Screenshot of search result on FSA.png

Thru this forum request is to enhance FSA with capability to resize search result columns

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Required data in columns not fully visible
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
No apparent workaround
Product Area?
Communities Mobile Field Service Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Autumn 17
5 Comments
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Aleem Khawaja​. This is a hot topic in the Community all around a user defined Column Width Setting. I tried to consolidate related Ideas into this one to give visibility to SMax Product team of the interest in this feature: .

I also tagged Anita D'Souza​ as she is working on the new SFM Designer UI. I'm hoping that this feature will be delivered in the coming releases!

fsa​ column size​ columns​ sfm designer​ sfm transaction designer​

Product Team
Product Team

Hi Michael Majerus - Thanks for consolidating all the SFM Delivery column width ideas. Since this particular one is FSA app related, I'll tag Joseph June here.

Product Team
Product Team

We realize that this is a problem in our tablet mobile apps. I think the idea of resizing columns make sense on device that can use mouse such as FSA for Windows, but not sure we would solve the problem the same way for FSA iPad and FSA Android Tablet. Rather we are thinking about enabling user to toggle between "list view" and "card view" where the card view will show all the configured fields for the search. User will be able to quickly flip through the card views (perhaps via swipe gesture) and look through the search results.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Joseph June, this sounds like a reasonable compromise, but I will let others who asked for this idea comment.

I am interested to know what determines the column widths on the device? Do they dynamically size based on how many there are? Or is there a set width defined in the package.

If it not an option for the Tech to resize them based on data then can the admin have the ability to set certain fields to be a percentage of the screen real estate or adjust their width in configuration?

Regards, Richard

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

The classic app allows visibility of the entire product description - could FSA mimic this?