Automatic Config Sync and Data Purge

Automatic Config Sync and Data Purge

The app should be smart enough to detect any changes in the configuration on the server and update the configuration automatically without any user intervention i.e. without the user having to click on "sync config" button. Today, after every patch / release / hotfix we have to communicate to 4000+ users (FSRs) to perform a sync config on their devices. In the existing application, the sync is mostly a pull request. Can this not be converted to a push request from the server side? In case if the user/device is not online, the sync should be performed whenever the device is online next - pretty much how most of the news, messaging apps work

The behavior should also be same for purge data. Instead of informing user of a "purge due", set a limit of 15 days after which data purge should be performed whenever the device is online.

In a best case scenario, the buttons for purge data and sync config shouldnt even be there and this should be a complete automated feature.

The complete device / mobility experience is dependent on the field services representative (FSR) synchronising the configuration after every change. Sometimes the FSRs are on the field for 4-5 days at a time and don't always have ready access to emails or the country delegated admin. The app is supposed to be autonomous letting the FSRs focus on the job.

How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
through repeated manual communications by email and monthly calls but this just acts as an impediment to their regular day to day jobs
Product Area?
Communities Mobile Field Service Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
15 Comments
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Thanks for this update @archana_krishna , this is great news. Would this feature be also backward compatible with FSA (ipads) and servicemax for iPhone?

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

This is really needed also for FSA app. We have regular changes in the settings which require a config sync - but it is really hard (impossible) to reach out to all of our technicians worldwide to ask for config sync.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi @archana_krishna I want to check if this is still on track for SMax Go 1.5? I just had a ticket sent back telling me to do more data purge and no mention of this functionality? ticket Case 00086912

Product Team
Product Team

@warrenhalbie   Unfortunately this didnt make it into 1.5, but still one of the priority items in our list. Right now, it is not tagged to any specific release yet.

Line Chef
Line Chef

Much needed functionality!

Most of our engineers think by clicking on the weekly reminder they automatically config sync, but that's (also) not the case.

But I would love to see it automated without any clicks needed by the engineer.