cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Button on the Parts, Labor, Expense, Travel Pop-ups on FSA

Cancel Button on the Parts, Labor, Expense, Travel Pop-ups on FSA

Currently in FSA 3.3.3, tapping out of the parts/ labor/ expense/ travel pop-ups and discarding changes is the existing behavior in tablet apps if a user is looking to exit that pop-up.  However, this behavior varies from the existing MFL process and are some of the few pop-ups in FSA that do not contain a Cancel button.  While MFL and FSA have different UIs, our business feels it is important to consider those groups interested in migrating from MFL to FSA for their business.  The idea from the business is to add a Cancel button on the Parts, Labor, Expense, and Travel pop-ups on FSA.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Ease of process use for technicians by adding a Cancel button on the Parts, Labor, Expense, and Travel pop-ups
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
For the Parts, Labor, Expense, and Travel pop-ups, a user has to click off of the pop-up to receive another pop-up asking if they would like to "continue editing" or "discard changes." Selecting "discard changes" will close the pop-up.
Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Autumn 17
7 Comments
Grill Chef abbey_simoneaux
Grill Chef

This is also related to SMAX Case 00072440.

Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

I agree Abbey Simoneaux​. Canceling out of a work detail in the FSA is not very intuitive for users. We have had several questions about this from our user-base. Thanks for bringing attention to this!

bio-rad​ fsa​  work detail​  ui​  sfm_ui​

Roast Chef brendenburkinsh
Roast Chef

I have been testing with our Super Users as we prepare for the move to the FSA app and this has been brought up by the team as being counter-intuitive. It would be great to have a cancel button instead of having to select outside the pop-up and discard changes.

Product Team
Product Team

Thank you all for the feedback. We will consider this when we work on the UI/UX of FSA, currently slated for 2h 2019. I will open a discussion forum shortly to consolidate such feedback from you. Thanks again.

Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Archana Krishnan​ thank you for taking our feedback into consideration. Waiting for a year to get a cancel button seems like a pretty long time. Is this something that could be implemented in a prior release?

Product Team
Product Team

Hi Michael Majerus​,  The idea is to consolidate such UX feedback, evaluate and deliver them. I can surely see if this can be done earlier. Thanks.

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: On The Roadmap