cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consecutive calendar events show as overlapping on FSA calendar

Consecutive calendar events show as overlapping on FSA calendar

Our field service engineers have asked why consecutive events show as overlapping on the FSA calendar.

Event 1: 11:00a - 12:00p

Event 2: 12:00p - 3:00p

Technically, they are overlapping. But realistically, this is a very normal way to schedule consecutive events. On the Classic App, this was not an issue. We would like to see these stacked on top of each other rather than next to each other. Once you get 3 or 4 events on a day like this, they stretch quite far across the day or week view making it difficult to see details.

This would also get it more consistent with the dispatch console. Consecutive events show linearly as expected. True overlapping events show next to each other.

screenshot3.png

Snap42.jpg

Snap43.jpg

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
We would like the calendar to show events in a more linear way when events are consecutive.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Our technicians are enduring this. No workaround. it isn't realistic to ask our dispatchers to schedule events from xx:01.
Product Area?
FSA
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Server: 18.2 Mobile: FSA for iPad 3.4.4
8 Comments
Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

We would not view these events as overlapping so the system should not. This is a standard way to schedule events finishing on the hour mark and then starting on the hour mark. @susanbmichel is this FSA iPad app you are displaying here as this feels more like a defect than an idea.

@joseph_june , appreciate your thoughts on this.

Regards, Richard

Employee
Employee

@susanbmichel Have you submitted a case for this or has somebody confirmed that this is expected behavior so it should be moved to Ideas? I’m not able to access all of your cases at the moment.

@brittany_taylor Can youadvise on the presence of a case and the outcome?

Thanks!

Sushi Chef susanbmichel
Sushi Chef

Hi @lisa_mercer . No we did not put in a case. We just figured this was an enhancement request, as technically the events are overlapping if they start/end at the same time. I am happy to put this in a case if you think it might go the defect route. Thank you!

@brittany_taylor 

Sushi Chef susanbmichel
Sushi Chef

@richard_lewis yes this is FSA for iPad 3.4.4. Thank you for your perspective on the issue. Good to know we’re thinking the same about it!  I’ll work with my team to enter a case in. 

Susan

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Product Team Review

@richard_lewis @susanbmichel Makes sense and I agree. I think these should appear in the same column rather than two different columns. 

Roast Chef brendenburkinsh
Roast Chef

This has been brought up by our end users as something they would like to see changed.

@joseph_june is there any scope when looking at the week view in FSA to have vertical lines as per the Classic App to separate the days?

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: On The Roadmap

Planned for FSA 3.6.0 release

Sushi Chef susanbmichel
Sushi Chef

@archana_krishna Thank you. Good news!

Susan