cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Download Criteria for Different devices with Same profile

Our FSRs use same user to connect MFL/FSA on Laptop and Smart Phone (Android or iPhone) App for different purpose like:

1. iPhone/Android Phone: for quickly check his assignments for today, perform FSR clocking to capture time of Travel, Client Delay & Service, Complete all tasks on WO, generate SIR(Documents) and capture user signature.

2. MFL/FSA on Laptop: to update Part consumption details, add attachments, access InstallBase(PIQ) App, enter all Time and Expense details on WO and etc.

Now, no of records downloaded on SmartPhone App and MFL/FSA for Laptop is same because FSR uses same User and SVMX profile.

We need to have option to configure different download criteria for Smart Phone and Laptop and tablets. So that Smart Phone App should not be overwhelmed with same no. of records downloaded onto MFL/FSA. Smart Phone App keeps crashing due to too much of data downloaded onto App and would take more time to load data. I do not want

Right now, we can restrict the SFM to be downloaded to each device type, we are looking for the same feature on Download/Adv. Download Criteria to configure for different devices under same profile.   

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Trying to make SmartPhone apps more efficient, lite and preventing App crash because low hw configuration devices.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
not addressed
Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management Other
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
2 Comments
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Sandeep Reddy Musku​. We just updated our org to the Autumn '17 version and I see a feature which I believe would give you the functionality you are looking for. In this version, you can create Mobile multiple mobile configurations under the same Configuration profile for each of your mobile devices. Within each mobile configuration, you can define specific download and advanced download criteria based on the type of device.

We have not used this feature yet, but I can imagine being very targeted like you mentioned in your idea post about the types of files and the types of business processes supported by your different devices. We are currently having luck using an iPhone in conjunction with a Windows Laptop or MS Surface, but this feature would make the process much more efficient for engineers in the field. fsa​ efficiency​ mobile​ mobile for iphone​ autumn 17​

ServiceMax Mobile Configurations per Device.jpg

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Michael Majerus​,

Thank you for educating on the new feature which is available since Autumn 17. We are still on Winter 17 and did not notice. We will be upgrading to Winter 18 and we will leverage this feature. This will be very useful feature for us. Thanks a lot.