Disable New Event in FSA

We are seeing new Action - 'New Event' in Work Order SFM wizards in FSA app. There is no option to disable this Action. We should have option to configure 'New Event' and disable it if it is not required in our org.new event.png

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Disable New Event button which is not required in our org
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
We do not have any solution
Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
20 Comments
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Sandeep, there is a feature in SMax called "SFM Mobile Permissions" in the "Mobile & Offline" module. This feature allows you to indicate which SFMs get downloaded to the mobile device. I do remember that this feature may not work for all applications, but it's worth checking with SMax to confirm. This is the link to the topic in the online user manual: SFM Mobile Permissions

SFM Mobile Configuration Setup.jpg

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Michael,

We tried to remove it from SFM Mobile Permissions(Adding to another profile which is not used by mobility users) and SFM App Permissions without any luck. We raised a case for the same and existing version does not have option to remove or stop downloading this SFM to FSA. This SFM is shown only in FSA.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Definitely support this - its another example of not thinking about the user experience. If we don’t want this displayed we should be able to remove. Same as in the iphome where you cannot remove a number of view process SFMS

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Another reason to allow this SFM to be removed is that it causes issues for dispatchers when the technicians use it. The SFM will create a new calendar event associated to the work order under which it was used. When that original work order is closed the future event will appear closed as well. In fact, it appears to be the same work order. If you delete that event all events related to that work order are deleted.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

We need the option to remove this as well. A very poorly thought out idea done without any regard to prior precedent that allows administrators to control what appears in the actions menu.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Must be removed with some urgency, we would be very unlikely release the FSA to prod with this in place, it will cause havoc with scheduling.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Russell Jacobs​. I wonder if you can remove the object level access to create Events from your Engineer's profile? If it works with your business process, it might help the current FSA issue.

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Schedulers do the dispatching and therefore create events - allowing the engineers to do this will just cause havoc.

We are aiming to go live with this App in a week or two but have misgivings.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

I tested removing Create Event from the profile and I can still see the New Event SFM in the work order actions menu. I did not test to see if the event creation was successful or not since the presence of the SFM in the work order is still problematic.

Our process includes allowing engineers to create calendar events (non-work order related) to show schedule blocks tor training, PTO, admin, etc... So we cannot disable events.

We already have seen instances of engineers using New Event SFM  in the work order and this is causing issues for our dispatchers so the sooner we can control the behavior of the New Event SFM in the work order the better.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

I would encourage everyone to open up tickets on this issue. I went back through my emails and first complained about this back on Sept 6, 2017 when I was working with support to unsuccessfully validate FSA.

When they say come and post it in the community and close the ticket, respond to the survey and tell them your thoughts on the issue.