cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive Workflow off of Mobile Application Features (iPad, iPhone, Android)

The ability to force technicians to use buttons/features built directly into the application would be a huge benefit to many customers. For example, forcing the technician to view the map prior to starting the job OR texting the customer using the text button prior to starting travel. The options are there for the technicians to use, but besides putting them in Standard Operating Procedures, there is no way to enforce them.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Forcing technicians to follow procedures that may not be included in a Service Flow Wizard.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Standard Operating Procedures, but this is not auditable.
Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
3 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

Great idea - but we will probably need a completely new way to define user application flow to do something like this

Employee
Employee

Hi Nate,

Just to clarify, how would this be different than using enabling criteria on the SFM buttons (via the SFW config page)? That's how we force workflow now.

Thanks,

Matt

Employee
Employee

Matt-

There are items like the Route on the Map feature or send a Text Message that you can do from the application and not just SFM's. So think about it this way, I want the technician to send an SMS prior to pressing the "In Route" button. Then I want them to go In Route. From there I want them to click on the Map to validate they are in their correct location.