Dynamic Download rules without an Event

Dynamic Download rules without an Event

It would be great if we could have the functionality of Advanced Download Criteria with out the dependency of the Salesforce Event.  I believe this would help achieve a few things for MFL or iPad/iPhone:

1) Allow for Drip feed Dispatch in the Form of SFM Search without needing the Technician/Engineer to create their own event.

2) Allow for an easier experience with Sharing documents.  This one is particularly painful in relation to custom Objects such as Checklist concepts or maybe even time sheets.

3) Adding Events for non-Work Order objects tends to clutter the calendar.  This would allow for an organized calendar.

4)I am hoping others in the community can support this post with impacts they have seen or felt.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
-
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
-
Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
14 Comments
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Please include the request from a related idea when delivering this.

Employee
Employee

One way to download data not associated to an event is via 'Download Criteria'.

Is that a feasible solution to the issue listed here?

The only downside I see in this option is that it doesnt download related object records unless those are also explicitly specified in the 'Download Criteria'.

I am trying to understand if that is the reason we are not simply using 'Download Criteria' to download objects that are not associated to an event?

'Download Criteria' does allow user to define their own filters and conditions.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Tushar, would a Design Time style call be a good idea to capture the requirements? Pitney Bowes don't currently have a use case for this but can see the potential for future use which is why I have voted for it.

Regards, Richard

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Like this idea. We have techs who may have a single work order open for 3-5 weeks (training) and while we have a search so they can find the work order, the debrief lines previously entered start dropping off based on the event window. This means they have to update the event date via the browser to keep the debrief lines on the mobile device so they can deliver an accurate service report to the customer.