cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA Load Status Bar - Change color to contrast blue header

FSA Load Status Bar - Change color to contrast blue header

Please update the color of the load bar when syncing the FSA app.  It is the same color as the background and the user's cannot easily identify load progress.  It needs to be a contrasting color to the GE Blue.

Thank you

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Visibility to load status when syncing FSA app
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Currently, in Winter 18, it is not possible to update the load status bar color.
Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 17
15 Comments
Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Hello Brian Patterson. There's an existing Idea for this issue. Linking these ideas as this request makes complete sense. We would like this correctly in the next FSA release. Seems like a easy fix?

bio-rad​ fsa​ usability user experience Joseph JuneBrittany TaylorLisa Mercer

Grill Chef bpatterson
Grill Chef

Michael

Do you know how to merge these ideas?

Thanks
Brian

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amit Jain​ - can you merge these two ideas please? Thanks!

Product Team
Product Team

FSA 3.2.7 will have an updated style for the progress bar so that it is slightly taller and more distinguishable from the header. Progress bar color will be updated to "light blue" with the update.

Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Hello Joseph June​. Great news!  Will the contrast between the "light blue" and the header dark blue give sufficient contrast on mobile devices? With the dark blue header and the progress bar gray shadow below it, I'm hoping that the new color stands out enough for our engineers to see this if in direct sunlight. It would be a fun throw-back to have the progress bar with the ServiceMax orange color.

fsa for windows​ fsa​ usability​ mobile sync​ user experience​

Grill Chef bpatterson
Grill Chef

I agree with Michael. I was a little concerned about contrast level and people that are color blind may not be able to discern the differences in blue shades.

Sent from my iPhone

Product Team
Product Team

Here is roughly what the updated progress bar will look like. I think this should give sufficient contrast between the two but please do let us know.

image003.png

Grill Chef bpatterson
Grill Chef

Joseph

Thanks for working on this.  It is definitely better, but is there any reason we couldn't use a different contrasting color (like an orange as Michael suggested.  I can almost guarantee that the techs will still have difficulty recognizing this color, especially considering it is now closer to the white background below.

Kind Regards

Brian

Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Hello Joseph June​. I agree with Brian Patterson​. The status bar needs to stand out either in color or size. Since real-estate is an issue on mobile devices, color is probably the best way to distinguish it from the header. I completely understand GE branding but the blue on blue is going to be challenging if lighting is an issue. Also, Brian brings up a good point about some techs being color-blind. A warm color is going to stand-out much better with the blue header. My vote is still orange, but I'm partial to orange.

Alternatively, if there was a small white-space between the header and progress-bar, that would pop against the white background. Whatever the end color or solution ends up, please test it in full sunlight outside and also in fluorescent lighting in a room without natural light. Many of our service visits are in laboratories without natural lighting but our engineers often go outside to sync.

Thank you Joseph for working with us!

Lisa MercerBrittany Taylor

Grill Chef bpatterson
Grill Chef

Just curious if we had an update on changing the color to something with a higher contrast than the light blue.