cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA should have the search-as-you-type feature that the Classic app has

We were long time users of the Classic app. One nice feature in Classic was the ability to search as you type. The user did not need to tap a search button; rather, the results came up as they started typing the search term. It was fast and easy and instantaneous.

FSA unfortunately does not have this feature. The user starts typing and nothing happens. Now they have to tap the search button and the screen blanks out for a few seconds until the search results come up. If they have to refine the search, it is more typing and then tapping search again.

We feel this acutely in our part search on the Record Time & Materials SFM. This happens over and over in the course of processing a work order, so the extra steps to do the search really do make a difference.

These usability issues are very important to our technicians. Their experience with how the app functions is equally important as the features we have provided.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
We need to have better usability and workflow in the FSA. The processing time for a work order has increased for us under FSA due to this and other workflow issues (compared to Classic)
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
The users have to keep tapping search throughout the app
Product Area?
FSA
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
FSA 3.4.4; 18.2 server
Tags (2)
9 Comments
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

I completely agree that this is a shortcoming of the FSA app. I have had five super users testing the app before we migrate the entire workforce globally and they have all raised this as an issue.

@mohamad_hafda @waynebatty @lizbrennan 

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Pitney Bowes would be interested in options to achieve a better search experience like this.

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@joseph_june   This is related to the case feedback that I forwarded via email.

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@archana_krishna  This is one of the FSA items we were discussion.  Thanks!

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Product Team Review

Agree this helps productivity. I will work on the plan for this and circle back. 

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@archana_krishna  Any updates or status on this one?  Thanks!

Product Team
Product Team

Nothing concrete yet. My plan is to get this addressed in one of the FSA updates. Will flush details out and post the next update in a couple of weeks.

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@archana_krishna Thanks for the  quick response!

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: On The Roadmap

This is planned for 19.3 / FSA 3.7.0