Make sync conflict options clearer in Go

Make sync conflict options clearer in Go

The ability to view and resolve a sync conflict in Go compared to the old Classic app is vastly improved. 

However, the options which are presented to the user are not as clear and concise as they could be. 

Classic and Go are compared side by side below: 

sync conflict.png

The options in Classic are clear and self-explanatory.

But in Go, the "Keep server's changes" option can be hard to understand. 

In our example above, the sync has failed because it has hit a Salesforce validation rule. There haven't actually been any changes on the server but instead its just hit this rule (also, a user might not know what the "server" is...). However this is the option we have to chose to resolve the conflict to revert back to the previous state of the data and therefore be able to try a again with a new sync. 

In Go, we think it would be better if the "Keep server's changes" option was renamed to something like "Discard my changes" to make it clear for the user on what action to take. 

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Make sync conflicts clearer and easier to resolve
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
N/a
Product Area?
Mobile Apps, ServiceMax Go
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
4 Comments
Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

@darrin some wording feedback on Conflict Resolution wording.

I am thinking here maybe better to say "Discard my changes" as that is the context of the user... 

Something to consider in the next UI set of stories

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

@TrevAlexSVMX we have had a few instances with the conflict coming from locked rows in the database ect. Could we also allow for "Send App Logs" so that an admin can easily troubleshoot the error . 

Product Team
Product Team

@brenoburks If you see this error it will be in the app logs.

Are you think to have the option to send at the point this happens?

The user can navigate to send app logs via the menu, are you looking fo something more?

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

@TrevAlexSVMX yeah I am across on how to send app logs mate. Sometimes the conflicts can be due to a something along the lines of an inactive user owning a record/s. Currently the user sends a screenshot. The support team then have to type the ID provided in the screenshot into the URL to navigate to the record, a tedious process.

If the users could email this info (which is in the app logs) from this screen then that would be super handy from an admin perspective.

Cheers