Mobile Configurations - Events Download criteria

Mobile Configurations - Events Download criteria

"Allow conditional download criteria based on related records.  Example:  FEs are returned WOs for corrections from > 30 days in past.  These are excluded per our time window on Events.

Rule should be allowed such as ""Include all Work Orders of Status = Assigned and Scheduled Start Time < TODAY"" to conditionally override time window"

In our Org download 60 days events

We need to download 60 days events or  all Work Orders of Status = Assigned and Scheduled Start Time < TODAY

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
If user want to update less than 30 days Work Orders then only option is online. if some how get above feature then users can use MFL client
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Users have to go to online and complete the work,
Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
16 Comments
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Is there a merge function available on ideas?

This is very similar to active request "Dynamic Download rules without an Event"

Community Manager
Community Manager

Swetha Tupelly​ see Nick's feedback on possible duplicate ideas.

Product Team
Product Team

As Nick mentioned, there are variation of this enhancement request already in the community. We are planning to add "My Work" capability to the mobile app where technicians will be able to download and work with work orders/jobs that are not necessarily associated with an Event. This feature however will only be available on FSA and not MFL.

Duplicate idea. Please add your comments to the original idea @  

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Swetha Tupelly This isnt a duplicate idea. This idea is requesting the ability to have dynamic rules based on time. It isnt asking for them to be available without an event. It is asking for the functionality to request dynamic time values.

pitney bowes

Fair enough. The message here is that we are considering ideas related to enhancement of download criteria as one. I will make this active again if it easy to track. 

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

I have added a comment to the idea you mentioned referring to this one.

Employee
Employee

One way to download data not associated to an event is via 'Download Criteria'. Conditions like "all Work Orders of Status = Assigned and Scheduled Start Time < TODAY" can also be specified in the 'Download Criteria'.

Is that a feasible solution to the issue listed here?

The only downside I see in this option is that it doesnt download related object records unless those are also explicitly specified in the 'Download Criteria'.

I am trying to understand if that is the reason we are not simply using 'Download Criteria' to download objects that are not associated to an event?

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Tushar, would a Design Time style call be a good idea to capture the requirements? Pitney Bowes don't currently have a use case for this but can see the potential for future use which is why I have voted for it.

Regards, Richard

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Tushar - the problem with this approach previously was on controlling size of dataset and still having the record be usable without related records.  We'll take another look here to see if there is some way to use regular download criteria....Ramesh Kotamareddy