Mobile barcode printing [GE HC and W&PT]

Mobile barcode printing [GE HC and W&PT]

Our primary need is also to generate a new barcode  to reprint the label by FE's (outside of warehouse) for parts return. (GE HC - currently SPR16 SP)

Need the ability to print out a calibration stickers (GE W&PT - Currently WIN16 SP)

• Blue tooth printer, label printing significant requirement (i.e. National Car Rental type application for Labels and barcodes)
  • Calibration stickers - date time who when recall is required and barcode to pull up in IB record
What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
streamline process, so onsite tech does not have to go back to office to print barcodes and go back to site to apply them
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
as much pre-work as possible to generate applicable barcodes for machines to be worked on...based on PM details
Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management Parts Management Preventive Maintenance Returns Management & Depot Repair Warranties & Contracts
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
3 Comments
Retired
Retired

#Stericycle is another customer that would use this.

Product Team
Product Team

Could we use a third-party app for creating (and managing) labels containing data/information and corresponding barcode(s). Label management/creation is a fairly specialized functionality and a dedicated app should create/manage labels, generate barcode and generate the label containing all appropriate data including any barcode(s). We could considering building such functionality directly into the app, but I'm thinking it might be best met by having a dedicated specialized app.

Retired
Retired

I don't disagree that 3rd party apps would work for this, but many customers want to use SmartDocs to get full functionality. In the use case of printing labels, 3rd party apps may be overkill for a company that has a smaller demand for requirements. Joseph June