Next Button for IP's on PM WO

On a PM work order, we already attach multiple IP records before the WO is submitted to the mobile device. These IP's are listed in the Work Detail section. When the technician gets the WO, they have to enter the IP's listed and perform some data entry against each record showing on the work order. Using FSA there was always a 'Next' button, which allowed the technician to fill out one IP record and quickly navigate to the next. However with GO there is no longer such feature, meaning that if a WO has got over 100 IP's listed in the work detail section the technician has to enter each one individually, of course this takes a huge amount of time. The FSA was handy for completing required sections, then simply pressing 'Next' and it would take them to the very next record in the work details section of the WO where the IP's are housed in our org. 

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Make the mobile app user friendly like it's predecessor
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Not at all
Product Area?
Mobile
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Tags (1)
9 Comments
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

@TrevAlexSVMX Hi Trevor, do you know if this is possible with GO? I cannot seem to see if it is, but seems pretty basic that appears to no longer be possible? BR Mark

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

@mark_v3553 this was also raised by a team members in Australia and the UK after moving from FSA to GO.

@TrevAlexSVMX @archana_krishna any idea if FSA to GO parity for this will be delivered for this feature?

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

@brenoburks so others are experiencing the same issues too. It is very time consuming to have this missing. One technician told me yesterday it took him almost 6 hours to complete a PM WO as it had 450 IP's listed within the Work Detail section, and he had to go in / out of every one individually and comment on every one. Coupled with the fact it's impossible to see where exactly your up to... Maybe if it changed colour or you could add more fields to the view so you could see which are completed and which aren't. In all honesty this is a step backwards with GO. Hopefully we get some movement on this and get it brought into at least parity with FSA. 

Product Team
Product Team

@mark_v3553  - Does select and editing multiple lines help to ease this out a bit?  I can understand the frustration when there are so many child items to be updated

IMO, adding the Next / Previous navigation should be possible. Looping in our design expert @darrin for feedback and expert opinion.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

@archana_krishna how do we activate this, I read the link which shows how it works, but how do we enable this? It isn't available on the child details of our WO? Thanks, it may help short term - but as you say the key here is to have Next/Previous in parity with FSA.

Product Team
Product Team

@mark_v3553  - To edit multiple child lines, Long press any child record and click Edit > Edit Multiple. The Edit page is displayed. Then follow onscreen instructions to edit. This is enabled always and available from v1.4 onwards.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

@archana_krishna is there any further documentation, I followed the above and it applies the changes to all records. An example is we have a work performed field on the work detail line, this is unique to each unit/asset being worked on, so the user needs to be able to move through the work detail lines and update them individually as the value will not always be the same.

In FSA having the up and down arrows allowed the user to easily navigate through the work detail records attached to the work order. 

Product Team
Product Team

@brenoburks  Agree, multi-select and edit is not useful all the time as the changes are applied to all selected records.  Next / Previous buttons are useful.

@mark_v3553 - Reg your comment,  " it's impossible to see where exactly your up to... Maybe if it changed colour or you could add more fields to the view so you could see which are completed and which aren't"

I think determining color / status based on "something" will be configuration driven - cant promise yet. Will showing which record the user is on be helpful ? say 4/46?

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

@archana_krishna our engineers have two checkboxes per IP, on child lines - the checkbox would be fantastic if it could be seen from the list view, at least then they could see which are checked and which aren't. Today we cannot add the checkbox, so it's not possible to see quickly which are checked and which aren't - if this makes better sense.