cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline or Mobile Dispatch Console Visibility

Some of our managers work in the field almost as much as our technicians. They're interacting with customers and scheduling our technicians on the fly. These sort of quick additions or adjustments to the schedules are currently made using Excel spreadsheets. We'd like to see this sort of capability become possible either in a mobile setting or with an offline functionality so the dispatch console can be synced up later.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Lack of visibility to the dispatch console when not in office or in an area with internet connectivity, leading to less dynamic dispatching, scheduling, and utilization of our technicians.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Excel spreadsheets are used instead to keep an up-to-date schedule and shared using a drop-box to alert technicians of their schedule and changes.
Product Area?
Communities Scheduling & Dispatch
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
3 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Tim - Thanks for the posting this idea.  A mobile DC is definitely on our radar.  If possible, I'd like to chat with you and the team about specific use cases.  I think you already have my email so please let me know when you are ready to chat and we can discuss further.   Thanks. 

Product Team
Product Team

A quick update on this - with the new Dispatch Console which will utilize HTML5 instead of Flash, users will be able to view it via a browser on a tablet.  We will be enabling further functionality on this in 2019. 

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Tim - just happened to have a couple meetings on this over the last week.  We decided to just go with a Surface tablet as a stop gap until we can see what a Mobile DC looks like.  We are in the same boat, but our situation is that we have after hours tech support that are also responsible dispatching.  Reps have requested to be able to dispatch via mobile so they are not tied to their home office or have to find wifi/link to hotspot, etc.