Scan QR code to create IP - FSA Windows

Scan QR code to create IP - FSA Windows

We need capability on FSA App to scan QR Code to create Installed Products. We realize that there are a lot of errors on the Serial Numbers entered by the FSR and causing issues data quality issues.

FSA Windows does not support QR/Barcode scanning now. Laptop FSA should support this feature as most of the laptops come with a camera.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Data integrity and Data Quality issues in Install Base
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Not available
Product Area?
Installed Base Management Mobile Field Service Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 18
9 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

What would this look like? Would it be a new IP creation but you would want field engineers to be able to scan in the serial number?

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hi Joseph

I think we have 2 use cases here

1 - add serial number to an IP that has been created - to update the record

2 - Create a new IP

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Cathy Asher​. For the first item you want to achieve, the FSA Android and iOS applications currently have the functionality to scan in QR codes. You can read more about it in the FSA User Guide page 217 (except below). For the second item, I would build a Create IP from Location SFM, then upon creation within the SFM screen, the Engineer could scan the barcode using the application.

bio-rad​ fsa qr_code barcode_scanning​ barcode_scan​ barcode_scanner​

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Michael Majerus, Thank you for inputs on this topic. We would like to know the roadmap to provide this feature on Laptop FSA? I updated Idea accordingly..

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: On The Roadmap

@smusku  - Ability to use device camera on FSA Windows for barcode scanning  is scheduled to be delivered in 19.2 / 3.6.0

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@archana_krishna  @joseph_june   Can you please confirm this was delivered in 19.2/3.6.0?

Thanks!

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Delivered

This was delivered in FSA 3.6.0

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Awesome! Thank you for the update.

Product Team
Product Team

@smusku  - While I have marked this idea as delivered, this addresses opening up barcode scanning feature in FSA Windows using camera. 

Now, an action like creating an IP after the scan is something we are still researching - as this could be made a more generic action after the barcode scan. Hope this additional information helps.