cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServiceMax GO | Open Push Notification should also trigger Advanced Download Criteria

ServiceMax GO | Open Push Notification should also trigger Advanced Download Criteria

When you open a Push Notification of ServiceMax Go it will then automatically download the Work Order and Dispatch event.

However, the Advanced Download criteria to retrieve related record is not triggered which means. The that for example the following is not immediately downloaded: Work Details, Parts Orders, Account, Case, Contact, Installed Product, Location, Warranty, Service Contract, Attachments, Service Team, Technician, Product, etc.

The Engineer is then force to manually tap on Sync Data to get these pulled in also. This is an extra action and if forgotten and he works on the work order directly it will be incomplete.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
First time right and reduce extra manual actions which can be forgotten.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
We have to manually instruct each Engineer to not forget to do this.
Product Area?
ServiceMax Go
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Tags (1)
2 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

@jeroen_schwankh  The downloaded data was limited to make sure the technician is able to quickly take a look at the record behind the notification. Including everything in the Advanced Download criteria just adds a lot of processing time. Instead  https://community.servicemax.com/t5/Mobile-Ideas/Download-related-records-on-demand/idi-p/22428 might just be useful here too where tech can still be able to download records on demand. I hope that helps. 

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

I understand that point of view, however, I would then suggest that it does a lazy loading where after retrieving the two records it will run normal data sync in the background that by the time the engineer might drill down to related records that they have already been downloaded in the mean time.