cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Status Bar - iOS App

It would be great to have the blue sync status bar added to the UI for the SVMX iPad application as per the FSA app. We currently leverage Process Builder to generate out technicians travel and labour transactions automatically based on timestamps and the order status of the call.

The problem is that if the technicians move through these actions to fast and the work detail lines are not pulled back before moving onto the next SFM transaction. I know they can check the small sync symbol in the top left-hand corner but making it more prominent within the UI would allow a more visible user guide on when the sync has been completed, ensuring transactions are brought back to the device.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Ensuring that the work details lines being generated via process builder are synced back to the device before moving onto additional SFM transactions.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Validation to prevent techs from submitted a work order if there are no travel or labour transactions against the order.
Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
10 Comments
richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Brenden, is this idea to have functionality added to the Classic iPad app that is currently available on the iPad FSA app? If so then are you not able to use the FSA app? I bring this up as from other ideas it appears that ServiceMax are not intending to add new features to the classic apps and are instead focusing development on the FSA apps.

Regards, Richard

brenoburks
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Richard Lewis,

I would love to move all users over to the FSA app as soon as possible but during my initial testing, there were some limitations that stopped me from pursuing this any further. The main being that it was not possible for the technician to reschedule an event associated with a work order when viewing their calendar in the week view of the UI.

If I am missing something here then I would love to know what I am doing wrong, but to not provide the functionality for a technician to quickly reassign service work from the week view quickly is one of the main reason I have not pursued the FSA app any further.

I will also add quickly that I am aware that you can hold the event down in the week view and then set the date and time from the pop up window, but this to me is a step backwards to the end users experience, where previously they could quickly hold down an event and drop it into an allotted slot on the calendar from the week view.

Cheers

richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Brenden, I thought there would be a reason

Do you have an idea for the FSA app for the deficiency you found? We can use the community to get that voted up and delivered.

Or maybe best to start a post in the support part of the community? Unless you have already had this confirmed by ServiceMax as a known piece of functionality that is not available?

Are there any other issues you have seen that are preventing you moving to use the FSA app?

Regards, Richard

brenoburks
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Yes, that is the only thing holding us up, the rest of the FSA app is fantastic. I will post this in the support page and see what the response is.

Cheers Richard Lewis have a good weekend

richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Thanks Brenden Burkinshaw​, you too

craig_skipper
Line Chef
Line Chef

Is this idea going to happen one day?

richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Craig Skipper​,

It appears from comments on other ideas that ServiceMax are not intending to add new features to the classic apps and are instead focusing development on the FSA apps. So I expect this will not be delivered.

Joseph June​ can you confirm if I am correct here and update the idea accordingly please?

Regards, Richard

craig_skipper
Line Chef
Line Chef

Thanks Richard Lewis​ - I have yet to see the FSA app in action (Brenden Burkinshaw is our SVMX lead) - hopefully its in there :-)

brenoburks
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Yes it is mate, Servicemax released version 3.5.0 which had a bug fix we needed to be resolved in regards to a location lookup returning no results even when selecting include online items.

This has been resolved and we have a couple of super users in Australia testing as of yesterday.

archana_krishna
Product Team
Product Team

You are right Richard Lewis​.  We have no plans to add anything into Classic Apps.

I'll update this idea to "Not Planned". Brenden Burkinshaw