cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use the technician current position (on his mobile device) as a parameter to enable/disable capabilities in our mobile application

Use the technician current position (on his mobile device) as a parameter to enable/disable capabilities in our mobile application

- On ServiceMax setup, for the technician profile, one would select if geofencing should be enabled or not. In case one wants to enable it, then a miles/kms radius would be needed

- On the mobile device, Lat and Long are captured and can be read by our mobile application. Based on the settings of the technician profile, application would position a specific boolean value such as TRUE="in the defined zone", FALSE="outside of the defined zone".

Based on the boolean value of this specific variable, we would then drive the application behaviour (enable/disable SFMs, ...)

Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
2 Comments
Employee
Employee

ServiceMax already supports various literals in expressions like: Today, Yesterday, User-Trunk-Stock etc., I think, literals such as SVMX.CURRENT_GEO_LOCATION will be of great help.

Product Team
Product Team

I really like this idea but I think we first need to improve the accuracy location tracking on our mobile app. For one thing location data is synced using our data sync which means there is often a considerable latency between the mobile app and the server. In order for geolocation to work, we need near real-time location data which we do not have now. This is something we are working to improve and we will re-visit this idea once we have better location tracking available on our mobile apps.