WO around me to find in the ServiceMax Go

WO around me to find in the ServiceMax Go

I would like to search for WO around me based on my "last known location" or Geo Code (if allowed by the counrty) so that I can do a self dispatch 

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
To be more proactive in find WO to execute as long as I am near to it
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Not yet
Product Area?
ServiceMax Go
Tags (1)
18 Comments
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi,

So not sure if it already mentioned upfront, but the WO visibility around the FSE, should use the qualifications (skills) of the engineers to avoid issues.

Other locations is more or less a must for us. 

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: On The Roadmap

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

beside the selectable distance, applying some kind of filters (based on WO fields search) could also be very useful

Product Team
Product Team

Thanks to everyone who worked with us to share usecases and desired experiences.

@onclinr @rvanwaveren @brenoburks 

The first cut is planned for 1.7 (Dec '20) and here is what we scoped -

• Show a "Map" view in Explore Tab, in addition to List and Card view. This is applicable to SFM Searches configured for Work Order, Installed Product, Location objects, 
  • On the map view, use the lat / Long on the record and plot them. These can be plotted closest to farthest from current location
  • Allow user to swipe through the records to view their details on the map
  • Allow user to search for record(s) using keyword search.
  • Download a record if the user has searched for it online.

here is a quick preview of the design.

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Archana,

Thanks for sharing the video. It looks very promising.

I don't know if had mentioned if in the requirements, for us it is extreme important that engineers only work on instruments for which they have the right qualification. This qualification will be mentioned on each WO. 

Question: Is the feature taken this also in consideration? So only WO for which you are qualified will be listed.

Question 2: can the view also show the status of the WO. Because it could be efficient to do a WO that is planned for later already today to free up some time later on. 

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

This is absolutely brilliant @archana_krishna, I would be more than happy to run the beta version for testing.

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

@archana_krishna Looks very promising and a nice feature

Product Team
Product Team

This feature will be available on iphone  and Android Phones in 1.7.

thanks @brenoburks  and @adriano_vega  - I'll work with you on a beta test once I have a  build ready

@onclinr  - Yes, you mentioned this requirement during our discovery call.  Given the fact that the skills are stored as a JSON on the Work order, parsing this JSON every-time the user runs a search is very intensive and a huge compromise on user experience. We have to give this more thought. This piece of filtering based on "skillset" wont be in 1.7