WO around me to find in the ServiceMax Go

WO around me to find in the ServiceMax Go

I would like to search for WO around me based on my "last known location" or Geo Code (if allowed by the counrty) so that I can do a self dispatch 

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
To be more proactive in find WO to execute as long as I am near to it
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Not yet
Product Area?
ServiceMax Go
Tags (1)
18 Comments
Employee
Employee

This would be absolutely amazing!  I imagine that the stock search feature would be a great starting point for how this functionality should look and feel.  A real map with pins around me.  We just need to be able to clearly setup filters to specify what kind of work orders should be shown.

Line Chef
Line Chef

A very useful feature, for sure used in a day to day! Looking forward to it.

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

This could be a game changer for field utilization.

Line Chef
Line Chef

Great idea!

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thanks for the suggestion. Something that we are currently considering on Go.

Product Team
Product Team

@onclinr @Alex @msantamaria @JorgeSilva   This is an idea we are considering to include in the Go app and I'd like to validate some assumptions / design considerations with you and ask a couple questions

1. This capability will require the Work orders to have proper geocodes. The plan is to rely on the Latitude and Longitude (ServiceMax packaged fields) on the WO for this data.  Incase this is not present, we perhaps will derive the geocodes using the standard Address fields. 

Are your Work Orders always geocoded?

2. To being with, we think we will cap the distance filter of max 5km from tech's location, this could perhaps be made configurable too. Is this a reasonable distance?

3.  I assume that the technician will likely perform an "Online Search" to make most of this feature as he would want to see records that are "Not" downloaded in his app. Is that right? 

4. What did you mean by "geocode if allowed by country"?  How is this controlled in your setup?

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi,

1) Yes, all our instruments have Geo codes
2) Distance of 5 km is not much. I was thinking more in steps of 25 km. up to 100 km.
3) Yes, it would mean an online search
4) Geo codes are always allowed for the instruments. But in some countries it isn't allowed to track the FSE itself by Geo codes. In that situation my suggestion would be that if he has finished on one instrument, that instrument has a Geo code, so look around that instrument..... 

I hope my answers help you.

Product Team
Product Team

Thanks and yes @onclinr . The answers are helpful.

I will come back to you on some proposed designs and assumptions soon

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

This is a great idea, in regards to distance, it should be a setting configured at the group level set by the admin as different regions/countries have different constraints on travel distances between work orders.

@archana_krishna is this possible?

Product Team
Product Team

@brenoburks  @onclinr  To begin with, we plan to address the usecase where the tech wants to view whats around him "now".  So,

• Default current location to device location.  This can be extended in future to 
  • Allow plotting Work orders, Installed Base or Location objects on a map, in the Explore screen
  • Plot only records of these objects which have a Latitude and Longitude. 
  • Have an interactive way for the technician to apply a distance filter. To begin with, idea is to cap it at 50km.  @brenoburks  what you mention is possible and I will consider it in the design.
  • Allow the tech to view some values on these records and download the record to view the full details of the record.

To build this out further, we can extend to other use-cases where the technician might look at what's around his future Work order or another location.