cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Mobile Apps should be programmed for Blue Tooth Keyboard function

This idea is to enhance the Mobile iPad Apps (FSA, ServiceMax GO) to allow full Functionality when using a Blue Tooth Keyboard. 

Wen using a BT Keyboard, the user does have functionality, however it is limited since the Mobile Apps are not currently Programmed to support all functions (we were told this in a recently opened Support Case).

Request:

Mobile Apps should be updated to allow the use of Keyboard shortcuts within the Mobile OS. Examples are the Tab and Arrow keys. These keys operate differently in the Classic iPad App and the FSA iPad App.

Apple also has added functionalty in the Accessibility section where the user can select Full Keyboard Access. There are several other actions that my be beneficial. (not sure about Android OS)

I did turn on the Full Keyboard Access and ran some tests. This caused the App to display a border and added a blue tint to the screen. It also interfered with navigating with the arrows and using the tab key in the App. The App also crashed intermittently when selecting picklist values - this corrected itself after I turned off the Keyboard Access. 

Feedback from one of our FSEs after switching from Classic to FSA: 

When using an external keypad on the iPad,  in Classic one could use the arrow keys (up/down/left/right) to go to a position in the text you are entering to make a correction.

This does not work anymore in FSA.   When you are in a numeric field, like “new cycle count A” the up/down arrows change the numeric value.

iPad Keyboard Access.PNG

iPad kybd shortcuts 1.png

iPad kybd shortcuts 2.png

iPad kybd shortcuts 3.png

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
User experience and productivity. FSEs workflow has been interupted and new
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
They have to adapt to differeces from pervious App and
Product Area?
Mobile FSA iPad Ap
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Tags (3)