Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments not opening when clicking the "view" link

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Attachments not opening when clicking the "view" link

Hello everyone,

We have just experienced an issue related to the Documents/Attachments section within our work order records, where we received an error message saying "Read error. Page timed out" whenever we tried to click on the "View" link right beside the file name.

Even though it has been resolved without any action from our side, however in the future we would like to know if this is something that we should log a case at the self-serve portal.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Attachments not opening when clicking the "view" link

Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting this and it's a great question.  Was this online in mobile for laptop or when using the Ipad?  If it continues you might want to log a case for it, but my hope would be that this is a one-off or infrequent issue. 

Thanks,

ChrisM

crt_chrism​

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Attachments not opening when clicking the "view" link

Hi Alexander Ho​ / Chris Mikutel​ ,

Below is a response to a question that is very similar to the issue you are encountering, I assume that the issue is identified on iPad app.

I see that you are facing the “Read error. Page timed out”, this type of error usually occurs when connectivity is lost on iPad.

For PDF file to be generated and attached to the parent record, you need good connectivity, as PDF file generation is done in server.

If there is no connectivity or Bad connectivity, do data sync when connectivity is back. Then check if the PDF file is attached to the parent record in server after sync. If the file is not attached, try data sync again.

Till sync is completed, you can view the generated report in HTML format.

For this, you need to have a View Process with Attachments tab for the parent object.

After the sync attaches the PDF file in server, you must do data sync again to download the report in PDF format and view it in the Attachments tab.

Please find below the URL from our Online Help on Smart Docs:

http://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Summer15/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#search-smart%20doc

Please review and check if this would be helpful.

Regards,

Siva

crt_sivas​

0 Likes