Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Automated Surveys

Has anyone implemented automated surveys in ServiceMax, and if so, can you point me in a general direction to begin setting this up?  Looking to create a basic 3-4 question survey for NPS (Net Promoter Score) data, automatically emailed to the customer contact email off of the Case or Work Order.  What is the typical way data is collected back (provided the survey is actually completed)?

Re: Automated Surveys

I can't answer your question directly, but we recently partnered with Twilio to extend ServiceMax business processes with messaging. On their list of use cases with ServiceMax is a survey capability through SMS. I liked this approach over the traditional email based on my personal experience that I am more likely to respond to this mechanism. There will be more information about Twilio available on the community soon and this use case is scheduled to be built in March, but we do have Kevin Kew‌ and Roneeta Lal‌ in the Community and I'd ask that they provide a little extra color to this approach to help you determine if its of interest.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Thanks Jonathan.  I saw a couple of responses and I'll look through them.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Dan

I created a SFM to for a Customer Satisfaction Survey, in both Work Order and Case. This then sent the responses to the Work Order or Case depending where it was created. I created the fields which were then populated when the engineer saved the survey. The five questions are required fields, this ensures we don't receive part completed surveys. The comments box is optional.

The customer fills in the survey after each job.

Then we have reports and dashboards running to show customer satisfaction by engineer, team, area, customer, order type and overall. This could be expanded depending on business requirements.

SFM on iPad

SFM.png

Fields on Work Order

Survey on WO.bmp

The pictures are of two different survey, to show the different answers.

We don't email this to the customer currently.

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Thanks Colin.  This is helpful, my only concern is that the customer is required to fill it out in front of the technician, which would pose a challenge in obtaining an unbiased opinion.  Certainly a starting point though!  Thanks!

Line Chef
Line Chef

Colin,

You can send an automated survey via SMS to the customer using Twilio.  Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Twilio currently has a number of customers / partners that provide surveys that allow you to get real time information via SMS or voice.  I noted the link below or reach out to me directly to get more information (rlal@twilio.com or 415.310.7664)

Automated Surveys with Twilio - A Better Way to Conduct Phone Surveys

Line Chef
Line Chef

How can I apply or use this survey for my own customers or company?

0 Likes
Line Chef
Line Chef

Twilio currently has a number of customers / partners that provide surveys that allow you to get real time information via SMS or voice.  I noted the link below or reach out to me directly to get more information (rlal@twilio.com or 415.310.7664)

Automated Surveys with Twilio - A Better Way to Conduct Phone Surveys

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

We've have done a succedssful proof of concept with Clicktools and now purchased the licences.  The survey questions are created in Clicktools, a workflow is used to trigger sending a URL to the customer under certain conditions (so the customer doesn't get survey fatigue).  We update "sent date"against the contact using an Apex trigger and the results are fed back into a custom object which can then be reported against.  If the net promoter score is not satisfactory, we automatically create a case for the account manager - the case creation is triggered out of Clicktools.  Hope this helps

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

We ended up going with a SFDC installed package called Simple Survey about a year ago

Include survey links directly in the Service Report email after call is closed

(this was to have survey go out right away while avoiding piling on external email limits)

Agreed that SMS would be more ideal, but for those that do not always have an SMS-available phone # this could be a viable solution

Below is a picture of what it looks like in the email, with each button storing the customer response in a custom object, and also re-routes to a page that includes more specific questions and allows text-based comments as well

simplesurvey sample pic.png

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

We've done some very sophisticated stuff with Qualtrics. Their Salesforce integration is great and we're triggering surveys based on specific criteria. This is all done via standard Salesforce workflow. No coding required. We're even considering contact frequency to make sure we don't bother people too often. Much like Andrea Boardman 's experience with Clicktools, Qualtrics can map results back to Salesforce records like the case or account so that you can better gauge how you might want to handle a customer prior to going on-site.