Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically attach a document to a work order created from a PM plan

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Automatically attach a document to a work order created from a PM plan

Jump to solution

I'm hoping to be able to automatically attach a document (a checklist) to a work order when it's created from a PM plan.

It's a checklist of tasks required to be completed when performing routine maintenance on products so I might be best to create work tasks in ServiceMax

But, for now, we'd like to try it using an existing checklist document.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Product Team
Product Team

Re: Automatically attach a document to a work order created from a PM plan

Jump to solution

Hi Cameron.

Richard has made a great recommendation for you to attend and learn more about the upcoming Checklists functionality that can be leveraged on the Work Order object in SVMX. There is also an option for creating task lists on PM Work Orders, currently available for configuration through the PM Process Engine.

Task lists can be auto-generated as activities (in the activity related list) on a PM Work Order upon creation. This functionality is possible through configuration of Task Templates and PM Plan Templates. A Task Template may have a list of "tasks" on it, as well as identify any required parts needed for that WO visit. The Task template is then associated to a frequency (scheduled visit) on a PM Plan Template. When a PM Plan that uses that template generates a PM Work Order, the task template information is automatically applied to the Work Order!

Just to be clear, this won't be a checklist record, nor an attachment of any kind on the WO record. This functionality leverages tasks as they are provided in the org by Salesforce.

To learn more about this functionality, check out the Preventive Maintenance Training Video HERE

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Again, while task templates is available in SVMX configuration today, I would still definitely recommend checking out the Checklist Sneak Peak with Chris Wada! You may find it is a better fit for your needs!

Many Thanks,

Lacy Cotton

Lead Solution Architect

ServiceMax, Inc

Regards,

Lacy Cotton-Hodgson
Product Manager
lacy.cotton@servicemax.com

View solution in original post

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Cameron,

There is an upcoming Webinar about checklists that may be of interest to you:Product Design Time: Sneak Peek at Checklists for Compliance, Documentation

Chris Wada​ is the organiser of this Webinar so may be able to help answer your question or find someone who can.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Product Team
Product Team

Jump to solution

Hi Cameron.

Richard has made a great recommendation for you to attend and learn more about the upcoming Checklists functionality that can be leveraged on the Work Order object in SVMX. There is also an option for creating task lists on PM Work Orders, currently available for configuration through the PM Process Engine.

Task lists can be auto-generated as activities (in the activity related list) on a PM Work Order upon creation. This functionality is possible through configuration of Task Templates and PM Plan Templates. A Task Template may have a list of "tasks" on it, as well as identify any required parts needed for that WO visit. The Task template is then associated to a frequency (scheduled visit) on a PM Plan Template. When a PM Plan that uses that template generates a PM Work Order, the task template information is automatically applied to the Work Order!

Just to be clear, this won't be a checklist record, nor an attachment of any kind on the WO record. This functionality leverages tasks as they are provided in the org by Salesforce.

To learn more about this functionality, check out the Preventive Maintenance Training Video HERE

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Again, while task templates is available in SVMX configuration today, I would still definitely recommend checking out the Checklist Sneak Peak with Chris Wada! You may find it is a better fit for your needs!

Many Thanks,

Lacy Cotton

Lead Solution Architect

ServiceMax, Inc

Regards,

Lacy Cotton-Hodgson
Product Manager
lacy.cotton@servicemax.com

View solution in original post

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thank you Lacy and Richard. I'm going to tune in to the Checklists webinar and see what insights I can find.