cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I learn more about change management that companies are dealing with when implementing Field Service technology?

Employee
Employee

Can I learn more about change management that companies are dealing with when implementing Field Service technology?

I attended Field Service East in Atlanta recently and many of the companies attending were talking about how to deal with change management associated technology, products, business goals taking place in field service.  It would be great to hear more about best practices and ways to ensure employee engagement during a period of change.

Highlighted

Re: Can I learn more about change management that companies are dealing with when implementing Field Service technology?

Change Management is a big topic these days, especially with SaaS starting to be mainstream in most IT or support organizations these days.  Cloud security, and privacy are one of the main drivers, but as well, managing the velocity of change in a new era of SaaS solutions which enable the business to flex or adapt to the ever changing business landscape is a tangible issue that IT must deal with.

I am a big believer in ITIL standards when it comes to change management inherent in applications supported by IT.  Even smaller businesses can adopt some of these principles if/when they start to see "loose" processes becoming an issue.

That said, ITIL is most successful when IT AND the business agree on the policies, procedures, and structure to abide by.  The other critical success factor is executive buy-in and a champion that will ensure success.

Solutions like ServiceMax are well designed to support change management and the required feedback loop processes that start any change.  With ServiceMax's underlying force.com platform, the tracking and management of changes are made easier and are native to our solution.

Lastly, I would advise that you go into change management with eyes wide open, not try to "lock" things down too much to begin with, especially if you are new to the experience, and most of all create a feedback loop on the change management program you implement.  Things can always get better when we iterate and learn for the lessons we are taught

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Can I learn more about change management that companies are dealing with when implementing Field Service technology?

rreynolds‌ - In addition to Ken's comments, organizations must be prepared to truly engage in Change Management.  To do it right requires time and resources - I've seen many companies do change management for a project, then do nothing after a go live.  It is an ongoing effort in my opinion.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Great question rreynolds and, ken.remington@servicemax.com I love your response!  In regard to your last paragraph, I couldn't agree more.  Employee morale should be the NUMBER 1 priority during change.  Over communicating, getting feedback, and responding to feedback through all levels of the organization are essential. I could wax eloquent about this for days - so I think I'll just start a draft blog now and spare you the details until they are more polished...

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Change Management is usually one of the benefits of using a gamification platform with a new system rollout.  A common objective used is to help motivate users to navigate a familiarize themselves with the new business processes and flows.

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

I attended a Dreamforce roundtable last week that focused on this topic. One of my take away items in my notes was the focus on and the provisioning for Key Performance Indicators during the change process. If the indicators are well defined and being achieved as shown by reports, etc.then people understand that the changes are successful and well intended and will welcome the process each time changes are made.