cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you sign an output document in a browser?

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Can you sign an output document in a browser?

We have a Work Order Sign Off Document that works beautifully on all ServiceMax apps, in that Engineers can get a customer signature and it gets embedded into the document.  Unfortunately, I have 1 engineer who (for reasons I won't bore you with) can not use any of the apps, so fills out Work Orders directly on his Surface Pro via Google Chrome.  This works OK, apart from the signature part of any Output Document.  Is there a way to get the signature part of an output document working, via a browser?

Employee
Employee

Re: Can you sign an output document in a browser?

Hi Aidan Kirkpatrick​,

Unfortunately, ServiceMax output documents currently do not support signature capture via a web browser. As you've mentioned it is impacting 1 particular user I would suggest logging a Case with our Support team to investigate the issue.

Thanks

Javed

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

We are actually facing same use case (but with a much wider base of users exclusively online) and there does not appear to be any way to use signature online.  Let me know if you find any workaround!

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi all - any update on this one of which folks are aware?  We have regions coming up with own workarounds outside SVMX for online signature as the majority of users are online only.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

None so far...

0 Likes
Retired
Retired

I know you are talking about a tablet, and this article is for MFL, but could this be a possibility?

Which Topaz Signature Devices Are Recommended for Mobile for Laptops (MFL)?

0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi there,

We are talking about web-based output document SFMs.  The majority of our field users actually use the online SFMs but the signature capture boxes cannot be used there.  As this is a critical need for most, we have regions coming up with workaround solutions outside of SVMX, and we need a native solution to endorse and implement!

Thanks,

Nick

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

I tried this for getting customer signature in browser

http://teach-force.blogspot.com/2014/02/capture-signature-on-ipad-using.html

Created a button on the Work Order to allow signature (using mouse) and then it saves the signature as an attachment to the Work Order Record.  I also added some logic to save the ID of the signature attachment to a field on the Work Order and then display the signature image on the record.  Once that was done, I updated my output doc to display this signature image from Work Order record on the Output doc.

Seems to work as expected with limited testing.  Was my first attempt at this as it was an internal request and I was just trying to do a POC. 

If interested I can provide a little more details

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~