Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing product family in applicable products

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Changing product family in applicable products

Jump to solution

I'm trying to set up PM plans and it's doing my head in.

I've created a work/task template but when I go to create a PM Plan Template I can't find the correct Product Family. The dropdown list is only showing "laptop" and "accessory".

I went into the Applicable Products object, found the Product Family field and edited the pick list values but they're not updating in the PM Plan Template when I select the drop down - Applicable Products tab (under Product Family).

This seems like such a simple thing - updating a pick list with new values.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Cam.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Changing product family in applicable products

Jump to solution

Hi Cam

I think I have figured out where you may be going wrong. I actually just made the mistake myself looking at this issue.

There are two objects very similarly named.

Applicable Product

PM Applicable Product

You want the second one of these. Add your picklist values to the field 'Product Family' on the 'PM Applicable Product' object instead and you should find they are accessible to you when setting up a PM Plan Template.

The 'Applicable Product' object is for warranty Terms not PMs.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Cam

I think I have figured out where you may be going wrong. I actually just made the mistake myself looking at this issue.

There are two objects very similarly named.

Applicable Product

PM Applicable Product

You want the second one of these. Add your picklist values to the field 'Product Family' on the 'PM Applicable Product' object instead and you should find they are accessible to you when setting up a PM Plan Template.

The 'Applicable Product' object is for warranty Terms not PMs.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

That is excellent thanks Richard. Yes, that's exactly what I was missing.

Many thanks.

Cam

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Cameron Fowles   I see that Richard picked up on your Question, thank you Richard!  Kindly mark the question as answered if your query has been addressed.

Thank You,

Younus Shariff

crt_younuss​  crt_younus​

0 Likes