cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkbox on Case "Work Order Created"

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Checkbox on Case "Work Order Created"

I'm drawing a blank here.  I want a checkbox on the Case object to update to True when a Work Order is created.  I thought I had this addressed by creating a custom report of Cases with/without work orders, and then adding criteria to work order = null, but apparently that doesn't work  (and never has).

Message 1 of 14
0 Likes
13 Replies

Re: Checkbox on Case "Work Order Created"

Hi Dan,

Have you tried creating a rollup field on case with the count of work orders associated to the case? If no work orders found, the field will show up as 0.

Message 2 of 14
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Your issue is with the automated process to check the box of cases when a work order is created or your issue is with the report?

Message 3 of 14
0 Likes
Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Omar,

My issue is with the automated process to set the checkbox to "True" on the Case Object when a work order is created from said case.

Message 4 of 14
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Dan Schiess , are you looking for one report that has cases that have work orders and ones that don’t. But you can tell which have work orders and which don’t? Or are you looking for a report of only cases that have no work orders. Or are you looking for a report of only cases that have work orders. 

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 5 of 14
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Richard, not really looking for a report solution (not yet at least).  Looking to just get a checkbox on the Case object marked to "true" when a Work Order has been created.  Once I have the checkbox working correctly, the reporting will be easy.

Message 6 of 14
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Dan, any workflow or process builder worked for this?

Message 7 of 14
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Struggling with tying in across objects.  The Work Order information shows up as a Related List in the Case, but I can't tie to it.

Message 8 of 14
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Tried both Process Builder and workflow rules/field updates within setup as well.

Message 9 of 14
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

I think I have an idea if your issue.   Updating from Parent to Child and Child to Parent its completely different.   Also, if the objects dont have a master detail relationship.  I will recommend to open a case with Salesforce Support, but probably you will need a flow for it.  Open a case with Salesforce and let us know!

Message 10 of 14
0 Likes