Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-Object Business Rules

slortscher
Employee
Employee

Cross-Object Business Rules

Jump to solution

I am relatively confident this is not currently possible in ServiceMax, but wanted to see if anyone had a potential solution.  Is there a way to create cross-object business rules? 

For example:

-If a specific value is populated on a Work Detail record, require a user to populate a value ( field <> null ) on the Work Order level.

There is a potential workaround but it is not ideal. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
slortscher
Employee
Employee

Re: Cross-Object Business Rules

Jump to solution

The workaround would be to:

-Add the field you want to check against on the Work Order to the Work Detail Object

-Modify the 'Get Price' code to bring the field value from the Work Order to Work Detail

-Build business rule to validate against new field on Work Detail against the related field on Work Detail you wanted to validated against.

I want to avoid modifying any Get Price code since this is not supported by ServiceMax. 

View solution in original post

johnw
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Stephen,

whats the work around?

slortscher
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

The workaround would be to:

-Add the field you want to check against on the Work Order to the Work Detail Object

-Modify the 'Get Price' code to bring the field value from the Work Order to Work Detail

-Build business rule to validate against new field on Work Detail against the related field on Work Detail you wanted to validated against.

I want to avoid modifying any Get Price code since this is not supported by ServiceMax. 

View solution in original post