cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer / Partner Portal: Opportunity to Create Customer Value?

Employee
Employee

Customer / Partner Portal: Opportunity to Create Customer Value?

Jump to solution

Hello,

My company, WirelessWerks is a provider of Quality Assurance inspections and audits in the wireless telecom market.  Our field teams conduct inspections and technical audits for wireless carriers including AT&T, Sprint and Verizon.  Our techs climb 500' + towers in all weather conditions to ensure the ongoing optimal performance of wireless services.  They capture measurement data as well as photograph network components.  Today, we upload or send this data to our customers but we believe there is an opportunity for customers to "self-serve" on using ServiceMax and the information we collect.  I am interested in the opportunity to leverage Customer Communities portal to allow our customers to access their work order information.  Who is using this platform today?  What is your experience so far?  Lessons learned etc.  Looking for some insights we can apply to our use case.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Customer / Partner Portal: Opportunity to Create Customer Value?

Jump to solution

Hi Gord Breese​,

In my experience with both Salesforce and Servicemax, we have used the Customer (Communities) Portal to allow our customers access to Cases, Dashboards, Knowledge, and overall interaction not only with our internal staff, but other like-minded organizations as well.  It has proven extremely successful and even formed a better Partnership (instead of that old clunky "Client/Vendor" relationship) with our customers as we allow them access and even some education, insight, and security over how they can manage their data as well as learn new innovative ways of doing things, and additionally allowed them to provide us feedback on how we can continue to grow and be better as well.  It's quite honestly one of the great perks the "Cloud Era" has been able to provide us. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Gord Breese​,

In my experience with both Salesforce and Servicemax, we have used the Customer (Communities) Portal to allow our customers access to Cases, Dashboards, Knowledge, and overall interaction not only with our internal staff, but other like-minded organizations as well.  It has proven extremely successful and even formed a better Partnership (instead of that old clunky "Client/Vendor" relationship) with our customers as we allow them access and even some education, insight, and security over how they can manage their data as well as learn new innovative ways of doing things, and additionally allowed them to provide us feedback on how we can continue to grow and be better as well.  It's quite honestly one of the great perks the "Cloud Era" has been able to provide us. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Thank Christopher.  I am very interested in exploring the functional capabilities of this portal...are there resources/information you are aware of?  We are planning on engaging some of our largest customers on this topic and I am looking to get additional insights.

thanks again!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Gord,

A couple good places to get started:

Salesforce Communities Overview - Some documentation found in the Help and Training to give you a detailed overview of what the Communities offer you.

Community Cloud: Customer Community Collaboration Software - Salesforce.com- The "official" site for communities, but also includes Customer Success Stories with other customers who are using it as well.  Definitely a great place to look. 

Salesforce Success Community - A good place to reach out to other customers on how they implemented, or best practices to using it. 

I hope some of this helps, and I wish you luck in your journey with Communities as well!

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Thank you Christopher!  We look forward to exploring further!

0 Likes