Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill down not working for Work Orders

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Drill down not working for Work Orders

Jump to solution

In Winter 15 the drill downs into Work Orders don't seem to be working.

In all search views outside the work order, you can't drill down into the work order number.

So in the Case view, if you go to the Assigned Work Order, click on the Installed Product and open the view, you can drill into the Installed Product , Engineer and Site but not the WO number.

In the Installed Product search you can drill into Case and Technician but again the WO is black not orange.

Support did say that To drill into the Work Order a custom search can be created with the option to search Open Work Orders by Installed Product, Case, Location, etc. but they didn't explain how and haven't answered any more questions.

Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Re: Drill down not working for Work Orders

Jump to solution

In Winter15 Version 20 you can access the work order from the Case, Installed Product and Location, as well as the calendar.

View solution in original post

Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Colin -  it sounds like you just need some help creating a custom SFM search.  Go to ServiceMax Setup -> Service Flow Manager -> SFM Search and click "GO".  See my screen shot for an example below.  You will need to ad these fields "Installed Product, Case, Location, etc." to the section called "Choose one or more fields on which search is applied".

#sfm​ sfm search​ servicemax setup​

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Mike, thanks for the suggestion, I've found you to be very knowledgeable on so many fronts.

I'm quite proficient on creating SFM searches, including variations. This is how I came up with the work around on online/offline views. As you'll see below there are only 2 displayed fields to allow the engineer to see the correct fields, although this restricts the mini view.

Unfortunately on this occasion your suggestion hasn't worked, if you have any other ideas that would be great, I added the objects to the search as described above and carried out a sync config but still we get the same result, see bottom picture.

SFM Search

Search SFM.bmp

This is the result on the iPad, as you can see you can drill down to IP, tech and location.

WO drill down.PNG

I did wonder about adding the Work Order to the case SFM search but that was not available.

Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Currently it is not possible to drill into a child record in the Winter 15 iPad application.   This means you cannot click into a record in a related list.  Examples: Work Details from a Work Order.  Work Orders from a Case.  Installed Products from a Location.

If you want to be able to access a Work Order based on the Case or Installed Product that it is associated with, the alternative solution is to create a custom search on the work order object and include Case and Component in the section marked "Choose one or more fields on which search is applied".

ServiceMax Setup | Service Flow Manager | SFM Search | Go

- Click New and set a name for the search.

- In "Search Configuration" click new and set Work Order as the Object to search by.

- Follow the steps on the screen to:

--Optionally apply an expression to the search

--Set which fields to display in the search

--Choose fields on which search is applied

--Choose fields on which search is sorted

When done click save to go back to the previous screen where you can click "Manage Permissions" so you can assign the search to a configuration profile.

ServiceMax
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Josh,

The ability to drill down into a work order worked in previous versions.  Do you know if this is something that is going to be addressed?  I would prefer to not have to build a workaround that takes several extra steps to get to a record that would otherwise be one tap away. 

Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Stephen,

We have opened an internal ticket (SMX014938) requesting the functionality be added back to the application.  It is expected that the ability to drill into a child record (Example: Part from WO)  will be added in our Spring 15 release.  Please be sure to review the Spring 15 release notes when they become available or log a case with the ServiceMax Support Team to confirm if the functionality was added.

ServiceMax
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Excellent, thank you Josh! I will keep an eye out for the functionality in Spring 15.

0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

In Winter15 Version 20 you can access the work order from the Case, Installed Product and Location, as well as the calendar.

View solution in original post

Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Has anyone confirmed if this works? 

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

We have engineers testing this version and have all confirmed this works.

Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Is this version 15.20.020? 

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Yes it is, I don't believe it's in the app store yet. We deployed through our MDM.

Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Excellent, thank you Colin!