Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Email Service report?

I was wondering if anyone knows when the ability to generate a Service report and have it automatically email will be restored? Similar to the old "Troubleshooting" report that used to get emailed.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Email Service report?

Hello Dan,

So sorry for the delay, I think that we might need more details to understand what you are asking. Can you give a more detailed example?  Maybe with an image? Thanks for any context you can provide!

____

Did you know solutions are the most powerful thing in this community?  When someone answers your question - only you can mark it as a solution.
Help other members find valuable content faster - Mark Responses As Solutions and give out Kudos (Likes)!
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Deirdre,

When the iPad used Crystal reports, there was a button to "email report to customer".

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Colby Lavin‌ do you know if this is on the product roadmap for mobile?

Employee
Employee

Thanks for the question Dan Sweeney

Crystal reports is still supported today with our ServiceMax Mobile for Laptops application.  ServiceMax Smart docs are also available on ServiceMax Mobile for Laptops and and Smart Docs can be emailed manually using the Attachments feature (save the doc to the hard drive and then email).

Crystal Reports are not supported on any of our other applications.  However, Smart Docs are also supported on our iPad, iPhone, and Android applications.  Today, only the iPad has the ability to email the Smart Doc from the device. 

For any of our mobile applications, server side triggers can be used to automatically email the document to an email address of your choice.  Professional services already has this "module" developed and my understanding is the implementation is relatively straight forward. 

Hope that helps,

Colby

Director of Product Management

ServiceMax, Inc.